h

Denny was currently sulking on her table rethinking about her decisions in life, since today was not on her side

Denny was currently sulking on her table rethinking about her decisions in life, since today was not on her side. As she entered the building, she bumped into at least 3 employees on her way to the office. Then she almost spilled her coffee on her paperworks. Lastly, she keeps getting distracted, so Ezra kept scolding her to regain her focus.

At least let me survive the day. Getting stressed with her job wasn't new to her, it was like a reminder of how her life didn't turn out the way she wanted it to be. She suddenly felt tired, so she ended up resting her head on the table while getting lost deep in her thoughts.

Is it a disgrace to the society if I become a dancer? It's not bad to be one, so why does it matter? It makes me happy, being able to show my skills and to feel freedom from dancing. It's more than just that, it's happiness.

Denny looked outside the glass window and saw a family who looked very happy together. A husband and his wife playing with their cute little daughter. The sight made her smile, imagining how life would be when spending it with the people she loved. She really loved kids and had always thought of wanting to became a teacher at the daycare, taking care of little kids and seeing the smile on their faces. Simple things like that make her happy, but it's not easy because of her parents. They didn't do or say anything to her, letting them down from their expectations was what feared her a lot.

If only I was confident enough.

Looking around outside again, Denny spotted a couple being sweet to each other while laughing at whatever they were talking about. It made her bitter at first, but she knew how it wasn't something to be bitter about. She knew that when you're in love, nothing is too cheesy. It's just a way of showing your love to the person you're attracted to.

It suddenly reminded her of the person she didn't want to be reminded of. For the past few weeks, Denny tried her best to forget everything about Taeyong but it wasn't as easy as it seemed. She would sometimes hear his voice inside her head that kept reminding her about those moments they'd spent together.

Then she remembered how she ended things with him the day when she finally messaged him after weeks of not seeing nor contacting him at all. That time, Denny was very hesitant to make that decision. She really didn't want it to end, but she was left with no choice. She didn't want to keep seeing him just for a good time while hurting herself in the process, she didn't want to be hurt.

"Stop thinking about it, it's not going to undo itself." Denny spoke to herself, "It could take some time, but it'll pass. I've already made too many mistakes in the past, I just hope this one will work out."

To forget about her thoughts of him, she decided to go back to work as to distract herself. Little did she know that Ezra had been watching her little moment, chuckling at her expressions.

-

Denny managed to arrive home with Ezra's help, who apparently drove her to her house from work. Ezra led her to the front door and rang the doorbell. In no time, the door was opened by her brother. Denny immediately hugged Hongjoong weakly, feeling tired and hot all over her body.

"What happened to her?" Hongjoong asked the woman who helped his sister.

"I think she overworked herself at work that she started feeling unwell. Your noona is stressed, let her rest a lot." She smiled, before leaving.

Hongjoong thanked Ezra, closed the door and led his sister to her bedroom. He placed her down on the bed and prepared the most comfortable clothes he could find in her wardrobe. He noticed her weak state, so he brought his palm to her forehead.

"Noona, you're sick. Here, get changed while I get you some medicine. I'll be quick, okay?" He ruffled her head before leaving.

Denny took some time to change, as she was too weak to have strength. Just as she finished, Hongjoong came back and made her drink the medicine. He placed the glass on the bedside table and tucked her in the duvet. He made sure she felt comfortable and hoped she would recover as soon as possible.

"I'll leave you to rest, noona. Anyways, I still have homeworks to finish. I love you, rest well." He kissed her forehead, making her smile at how caring he was as a little brother.

"I love you too, Joong." He smiled back, leaving her room afterwards.

Now that she was alone, she decided to close her eyes and rest. Suddenly, her phone rang from the nightstand. She picked up the call, despite her lack of energy at the moment.

"Hey, DD. Are you at home?"
"Yeah, why'd you ask?"

Maxine heard the tiredness of her cousin's voice and she knew something was wrong.

"Are you sick?"
"Sadly, yes." Denny slightly giggled.

"Oh, dear. I wanted to meet up, but it's not important now. Take all the rest you need and recover quick, I love you." Maxine spoke full of worry, as she was like a sister to her.

"Thank you, Max. I love you, too."
"I'll call you back soon, bye~"
"Okay, bye~"

When the call ended, Denny quickly drifted off to sleep.

-

"So, what happened?"

"Sad to say, my cousin is not feeling well as of the moment so I can't get any updates from her."

Maxine looked apologetically at the two, more specifically at the man who was the main lead of the problem.

She gave him a reassuring smile, "Don't you worry, Taeyong. I'll do whatever it takes to help, Yuta and I are here for you."

Taeyong never felt this much care in such a long time, it felt like Yuta and Maxine were the parents he never had. The fact that they were the people who were willing to help him, it gave him at least a bit of hope.

"I hope she'll feel better soon."