-

"What time is it now?"

"It's 1 minute before lunch break, Denny. Stop asking and do your task." Ezra scolded the whiny woman from the desk beside hers.

Denny silently cheered after hearing her say '1 minute', since she's been waiting for lunch break to finally come. After a few more seconds, she finally stood up and looked at Ezra excitedly.

"Come on, Ezra. Let's grab lunch together, don't be so workaholic."

Ezra sighed and gave in to her whines.

-

Sitting across from each other at the cafeteria of the building, they finished eating their lunch and they still had another 30 minutes to spare. They decided to remain sitted and rest.

"You know, Ezra." Denny started, "Being a secretary is very boring."

"Hey-"

"I know you're gonna complain, but hear me out." Denny pleaded. Ezra leaned back and listened to her colleague speak.

"Even though I had high grades in school and everything, it doesn't really satisfy me especially when my parents chose what my job should be instead of me choosing it. Like, what's the point of trying hard when I don't get to do what I love in the end?"

Denny rested her chin on the palm of her hands as she reflected about what she felt about her job. Ezra saw a new side of the whiny and annoying Denny. She thought she was just lazy and didn't like doing her task well, but she never expected her story to be like this.

"Is this why you can't seem to focus on your work? You don't want to be a secretary of your parents' company?" Ezra asked, feeling concerned. She took a sip from her drink as she waited for her reply.

Denny slumped back on her seat, "I never wanted to be a secretary; hence, I don't even know what a secretary does in the first place. I feel so pressured every time I see my parents because what would they think of me if I failed? The pressure is slowly killing me."

Ezra could only look at her in pity, she knew very well how she felt because she also felt the same before but she now loves her job a lot. Well, she doesn't have to know that for now.

"What do you actually want to be, then?"

"Well, I've always wanted to becomr a dancer but I'm scared that my parents wouldn't support me. They might think it would just be a waste of my academic awards and knowledge, but it's what I love to do."

"Hey, calm down now." Ezra gave her a glass of water when she noticed Denny's expression. She didn't want her to breakdown during work hours because it would cause a commotion.

"You know what, Denny. I know you can make it."

Denny looked up to see a comforting smile on her friend's face, something she needed at the moment.