Reading Yasin

Hi, y'all! As promised, I have published the very first chapter of this book's sister project, Reading Yasin! So to everyone who has this book in their library, please head on to my profile and check out RY too. I assure you, you might even like it more than RTJ since due to practice, my writing skills have greatly improved.

Here's a little excerpt from the book;

"Whatever you say." Umma releases a round of coughs again. "Just allow her to rest in her grave and allow yourself to rest too. Yasin, please forget her."

"I have." a blatant lie, there wasn't a day in which Maryam's smile, now buried somewhere in the earth, and her twinkling deep brown eyes, now lacklustre and shut forever, aren't on my mind and torturing me with the reality of their eternal absence.

"Umma, it isn't about her, it's just the work but I'll find time to come back home in February inshaAllah." I try to make a compromise and conclude the conversation.

We are in December so I still have two months left to see if staying away from that city Maryam passed away in is what will make me get over everything.

"Well for your information, we need you home right now." Umma deadpans and I get just a bit worried, thinking something might be wrong.

"Now? Okay, I'll try to make it in January." I throw in another bargain.

"No Yasin, we need you this very week."

"But why Umma? Is something wrong? Are you sick?"

She sighs and I get more apprehensive. "Jiya da daddare Jannah ta haihu. (Jannah gave birth last night.)"

That news made me bolt up to my feet with an uncontrollable excitement spreading in my chest. I had heard about my sister's pregnancy six months ago and to hear now that she had given birth? The most genuine joy I've had in literal years grows in my heart.

"Masha Allah, Alhamdulillah, Allahu Akbar! So what do I have? A niece or a nephew?" I press the phone closer to my ear in eagerness.

"Niece, mace aka samu (it's a baby girl)."

"Alhamdulillah, Masha Allah, Allah ya raya, Allah ya ɗayyaba, (May God preserve her, May He nurture her.)"

"Ameen Ameen, so when are you coming?"

Well now I'm trapped and I give up. I am going back home. A little bundle of joy awaits me and I just can't wait to see her. This is a bizarre feeling, I was yet to even see her and it's not even been five minutes since I knew she existed on this earth but still, I love her and I would jump at the chance to go see her right now.

"Tomorrow, inshaAllah."

So that was a little sneak peek into Chapter One that of course is in Yasin's POV. Please do go to my profile and add the book to your library to read the whole chapter and be notified whenever I update. I really hope you guys will give this book a chance and show it as much love as you showed RTJ!