~4~

(Y/n) cursed and ripped her mask off as she reentered her ship. She threw her hood off, plopping onto the bed. A call pinged her communications and she slapped the device. A hologram of Morando appeared.

"My dear (Y/n)," he said. "I hardly know you to be so foolish."

"Forgive me," she hissed. "I had them!"

"I saw. Why did you not take the opportunity?"

"I...I don't know." She let out another stream of Akiridion curses. "I won't fail again."

"I have faith in you. However, I do wonder why you didn't take my advice."

"They're insufferable!" she yelled. "They're royals, self centered, arrogant, so on!"

Morando smirked. "Consider it training for patience," he said. "It is no longer a suggestion, but an order." The hologram disappeared before she could protest.

~

"It could be a double date!" Aja said, still trying to persuade Krel to invite (Y/n) to the bonfire. He shook his head stubbornly. "Please, little brother? You'd be going anyway! This may be your chance to look lively!"

"Having a date doesn't make me look lively!" They all jumped as the doorbell rang. "That better not be Eli."

Varvatos opened the door, wielding his walking stick. He lowered it when he saw that it was only (Y/n). Aja nudged Krel and his cheeks heated. He slapped his face and plastered a smile to his face. (Y/n) looked about how he felt.

"You going to the bonfire tonight?" she asked. "Mary invited me."

"Yep! I'm going with Steve," Aja said excitedly. (Y/n)'s eyebrows shot up.

"The Palchuk?" she said incredulously.

"The one and only," Krel said.

"You should go with Krel!" Aja said, grabbing his arm and dragging him over to the lieutenant. "It would be lively!"

"Oh, no," Krel said. (Y/n) shrugged.

"Okay," she said. "A date?"

"Yes!" Aja said eagerly, nodding. "Perhaps you could get my brother to understand that wonderful feeling!"

"Oh, uh, not there yet," (Y/n) said quickly. "But I can, uh, try?"

"Yes!" Aja said again. She then peered out the window as Mother began talking about vaporizing an 'intruder'. "No! Don't vaporize my date!"

"If that's the Palchuk, then that's our cue," (Y/n) said. She walked over and wove her arm through Krel's. The heat returned to his cheeks as he blushed. She angled her gaze awkwardly away. They followed Aja out the door. "Aja, we'll catch up!"

"Okay!" She waved from the back of Steve's transportation and they took off down the road. Once they were gone, (Y/n) pulled away from Krel and pulled a device out of her pocket. A hoverboard.

"Lively," she said teasingly. "You first. I am your protector." He sighed and hopped onto the board. He wobbled for a moment as (Y/n) joined him. She steadied him by placing her hands on his sides before taking off.

They arrived shortly at the bonfire where they were singing and talking amiably. "(Y/n)?!" Mary called, bolting up to her feet. "You brought a date? And Krel Tarron no less!"

"Um, yep," she said. Mary lifted her phone and snapped a quick picture.

"They gotta see this!" she exclaimed. "(Y/n) (L/n) has a date!"