~19~

Most of that week was taken up with filming, and (Y/n) had to admit, she enjoyed the break, though there were points in the script where she did not enjoy it. Krel was obviously enjoying being the main hero where Aja wasn't. 

"Lunch break!" Toby called after their most recent take. (Y/n) eagerly shifted back to her human form and hurried after their producer where Nana had set up plates with meals set up, finished off with cookies. 

"Your friends sound like they're having a lovely time!" Nana said in her old lady voice, patting Krel's head as she passed. He shook his fluff of hair out, picking up the sandwich and shoving the whole thing into his mouth at once. (Y/n) prepared to do the same when her phone suddenly vibrated. She pulled it out, expecting a goofy text from Zadra or Aja, but it was from an unknown number. 

"Stupid scammers," she grumbled, preparing to dismiss it when she saw what it said. (Y/n), it's Morando. Oh. Then he started calling her. "Uh, gotta take this!" She slid off the stool and hurried outside to the back of the house. 

"Why are you calling me on my phone? The Tarrons could find this number!" she hissed as soon as she picked up. 

"My dear, I have been waiting to see you. Why haven't you come to Area 49B yet?" 

"I've kind of been busy. Toby had me do this movie thing with Krel and it's a little hard to get away."

"Well, if you can, I would appreciate a visit tonight." 

"I...I'm sure I can make it work." She sighed and hung up before her employer could say anything else, returning through the backdoor and sitting back at the counter. 

"Who was it?" Eli asked, though he didn't seem very interested. 

"Scammer," (Y/n) replied. "It's a hobby. I like replying with either a pizza guy, or, 'I did it, but there's blood everywhere.'" And, truthfully, in her assassin career, that had actually been an honest response. It was especially hilarious when it wasn't Morando calling to confirm she'd done the job and one of his cronies, who didn't exactly know what her job was or how young she was to be doing it. 

"Really? And what do they say to the second one?" Krel asked.

"Not much. They usually just hang up." No, they usually called Morando to take the call so he could either give her a break time or assign her another target. The latter was the more chosen choice. The general had made himself a lot of enemies and (Y/n) had gotten rid of quite a few of them. 

"I should try something creative like that," Toby said. "You have no idea how many spam and scam calls I get nowadays." 

"It's effective for getting what you want," the assassin said, shrugging while she shoved as many grapes into her mouth as she could. "Anyway. What's the next scene we're filming?" Toby wiped his fingers off on a napkin and picked up his revised copy of the script since the Akiridions kept changing it. 

"Ah, the real romantic scene," Toby said, turning the script towards them. "I tried to make it as mellow as possible for you guys so you don't kill me." Krel and (Y/n) glanced at each other uncertainly. They'd both sort of been dreading that moment, though they knew it would come. 

"It's fine," (Y/n) said, waving it off. "I'll suck it up. It can be small, right?" She looked at Krel again, who was suddenly very invested in pulling the stem out of his apple. 

"We're gonna try it out and see how it goes," Toby said, reading over his script. "Hmm. At worst...yeah, when we're finished with lunch, let's head back out." 

"Get it done and over with," (Y/n) muttered, punching Krel's arm. He simply focused on eating his apple. "No chickening out." 

"You know, the kissing thing is sort of the Staja thing, right?" he said, finally looking at her.