~24~

A/n: It ain't over yet, y'all.

"Send someone to the coordinates I send you!" Krel shouted into the comm. He and Aja had split from the group to finish off Morando only to find that they were too late. Now they were trying to get the wormhole working so Akiridion troops could come and take the general down.

"Why?" the receiver on the other end asked.

"Just do it, please!" Krel said, trying not to be too snappy. He was stressed and praying fervently that Kubritz wouldn't kill (Y/n) so he could tell her how he felt. Before she was gone. He squeezed his eyes shut.

"Little brother, we really have to go," Aja said as gently as she could, her voice still tense. Krel opened his eyes, shutting off the transmission and jumping on his sister's hoverboard. Save the day first, find (Y/n) after.

~

She was alive, but alone. After getting her butt kicked by Kubritz, she'd hoped that her sacrifice had been enough. A sufficient amount of time had passed and (Y/n) had given in. Kubritz had simply snorted, "Pathetic," and kicked her aside, summoning the remaining Omens and marching off to detain the Tarrons.

She was afraid. Afraid that Morando would still win and everything the royals had ever worked for would be wasted. That Krel would die. In sacrificing herself and waiting for death to overtake her, she'd also sacrificed the opportunity to stand by him and protect him.

And it hurt. Her whole body ached and it was painful to even think, though that was all she could do anymore.

"Over here." She tensed at the sound of voices. Someone would find her, and if they weren't a fan of Akiridions, she would probably die an even more painful death.

The car she was hiding behind was suddenly lifted and shoved to the side and her eyes widened at the sight of two Akiridion medics. "She's alive," the female of the group said. The male bent down in front of the assassin, extending his hand to her.

"On orders from the King-in-Waiting, we were requested to come to this location on the knowledge that someone important would be here," he said and (Y/n)'s eyes widened.

"He really thinks of me as important?" she rasped. She took in a shuddering breath, the wound in her torso from the first energy ball aching with her other wounds. "Tell him I said thank you. You know. Before I died."

"Tell him yourself," the female said and her partner gently got a grip on the assassin, pulling her up as he stood. She gasped in pain, curling in on herself.

"It's okay," he said, switching his position and lifting her off the ground. He nodded to his partner. "Let's go."

~

(Y/n) must have blacked out on the way to wherever they were taking her because when she woke up, she was on Akiridion-5 in a hospital room.

"How on Earth?" she groaned, trying to sit up before falling back on the bed. "How am I here? How were those Akiridions on Earth?" She had so many more questions. Like: wasn't this planet supposed to be invaded?!

Or...the royals had won. Akiridion-5 was theirs once more.

The door creaked open and she forced her head up to see who it was. A different doctor, however she had someone with her. Her companion poked her head into the room, her face lighting up.

"(Y/n)!" Zadra exclaimed, hurrying into the room and stopping at the head of the bed. "Krel told me what happened and we transported you back to Akiridion-5 with his new wormhole technology!" She shook her head, closing her eyes. (Y/n) shifted awkwardly, knowing what was coming. She started speaking before it could happen, however.