🖌️ • Doll Sonic AU • 🎨

This is an AU I have created! :D

This AU was actually inspired by my Sonic doll that I have.

Let me explain . . .

So in my art class, we have these weekly drawings that we have to do. That week's assignment was to "Draw something inspired by your childhood toy".

So that's what I did.

I drew this Sonic stitching his arm back on after an accident or something.

And during that week of progressively drawing this picture, I came up with some sort of story . . .

『· · · ✎ · · ·』

In this universe, there is no Eggman and no Sonic. Some of his friends are there and some aren't (haven't really decided which friends exist in this universe. More on that later!).

But this AU focuses more on Shadow.

Since Eggman never released Shadow in SA2, Shadow was still being detained by G.U.N, frozen in his cryogenic tank.

But something else happens.

Rouge (yes, SHE'S alive in this universe), who had been snooping around G.U.N's database and learned of the existence of Project: Shadow, goes to Abraham Towers – the commander of G.U.N – for answers.

When he refuses to give her the answers she wants, Rouge sort of rebels and ends up releasing Shadow just to satisfy her curiosity.

Shadow, sort've grateful for being released, asks her what she wants.

In this universe, he's less bloodthirsty and doesn't immediately blame all the humans for killing Maria. However, he does remember that it was G.U.N that was responsible for her death, and hates them for it, but it's not like he goes on a sudden murdering spree because he resents or loathes them for what they did to his sister.

He remembers what he promised to Maria and he intends to keep that promise.

Towers, who had been keeping tabs on the jewel thief lately (she was a suspect in a robbery, though Towers never mentioned this to her and let her continue about her job as long as she was cooperating), quickly finds out about the awakening and calls some soldiers to apprehend Shadow using a tranquilizer to knock him out.

Oh, Shadow's pod was in G.U.N HQ's basement, by the way uwu

When Shadow comes to, he finds that he is restrained to a hospital bed of some sorts. And in front of him stands Rouge and Towers.

Rouge shows some concern for the ebony one while Towers tells Shadow he's willing to make a deal in exchange for his freedom.

Shadow, not one who is comfortable in small spaces such as a cell or a containment room of sorts, listens to Towers.

Basically, Shadow has to work for G.U.N on Team Dark to prove to them (G.U.N) that he's not a threat and can be trusted. He is to come in to work – on time – and do his job as an agent before they would be willing to let him go out freely.

Shadow – reluctantly – agrees to the terms and is freed from the bed restraints.

For the first few months of working for G.U.N, Shadow is put through some intense training, training that sometimes put even the agents at risk.

But Shadow passes all of it with flying colors. Soon enough, they allow him to live out in the real world instead of the cramped "rooms" of the base.

The Ultimate Lifeform then moves in with Rouge after she offered to let him stay at her place.

Rouge lives in aparment-like rooms right above her club that she runs, Club Rouge, and luckily for Shadow, she had a guest room left over.