Chapter 21, part two ~ Under the mistletoe (Christmas special)

•Dusk•
Guests started to pour in as soon as the clock hit 5:30. I sit by the snack table, which is covered in cookies and chips, munching on the peanut butter cookies Sanctum made. The whole squad house is covered in festive decorations, twinkling and sparkling with christmas cheer. Bleh! (Dusk, Brite, Sanctum, and Guild live there) Great, now I have to put on a fake smile to people I hate. Even worse, Brite forced me to get gifts for EVERYONE, so now I don't have much v-bucks left! "Hey you fucking slut!" A familiar ratchet voice says behind me. I whip around ready to throw hands, but I get greeted to a purple haired Teknique. "MERRY CHRISTMAS HOE!" She screams and hugs me really tight, laughing hysterically. I see she got all pumped up on the spiked cocoa, which makes me giggle a little bit. Her and Brite Bomber have a really similar energetic personality. So similar, in fact it spooks me a little. "Hi Tek!" I greet happily. "Finally a normal fucking person here!" I continue, hugging her back. Teknique laughs at my "joke" and starts to talk. "Abstrakt is coming in later. No idea what it's about, but him and his new friend Maverick are apparently doing a 'secret Santa." Teknique starts. "Definitely some bullshit, they're probably grinding on Roblox. But nevertheless, Abstrakt promised he would wear his festive clothes and come with me, so I'm just waiting." Teknique says hopefully, bouncing her leg excited. I just smirk at her. "Maybe him and Maverick are dati-" "NO! There's enough gay guys in your friend group. I don't need my boyfriend to turn out gay." Teknique rants. I give her a confused look, like she got offended by my joke. "Uhh...didn't know you were homophobic-" I accuse, but I know Teknique isn't that much of a terrible person to be homophobic . "I'm not hehe." Teknique defends herself. We laugh and she grabs my hand and drags me to where everyone was hanging out. "Teknique no! I'm not going to say hi to everyone!" I hiss, struggling to free myself, but this causes her to clench my wrist tighter. "Time to socialize sis!" Tek forced me to the living room, and I stand there like an oblivious idiot. Everyone had red solo cups in there hand, and standing around, swaying to the beat of christmas music. They're so involved in their conversations and laughter that nobody glances at me. Thank god, I really don't wanna meet someone knew and pretend to be nice to them. Out of the corner of my eye, I spot something....of someone familiar. Perhaps a friend? I turn my head to the 'someone', and my jaw drops.

VALOR AND JOHN???

•Sanctum•
Me and Verge share a drink and laugh, discussing old memories we shared together. He looked so damn stupid wearing his elf hat that it was hard to keep a straight face talking to him! "....*mumbling* anyways! I'm trying to get hooked up by the end of the night," Verge winks at me cutely. I roll my eyes in annoyance. He always thinks he can get whatever girl he wants. "Mind being my wingman?" Verge asks, hitting my shoulder playfully. "Don't think I can help chu dude." I decline, moving his arm away from my side, causing Verge to frown in rejection. "Dude...cmon.." Verge whined, grabbing my shoulder again and shaking it. I let out a heavy breath in irritation and push him away a little more forcefully. "Can't. I'm waiting for Guild, Vergie." I say sternly to him, giving him a warning glance to not piss me off. Verge squibs at me in a suspicious way, almost as if I was lying. "Oh my lord- Are you always talking about Guild? Like honestly, he's nice to you and all and he's funny, but is he REALLY all that great?" Verge asks in a teasing tone. Did he just insult my boyfriend? My eyes burn into a dark purple, and I lurch are Verge, pinning him against a wall. He yelps at my lurch, frightened. "Listen here you little fucker...." I growl, grasping his neck. No one around us seemed to notice our 'situation', as they stand they're laughing at each other. All the sudden, Brite and Dusk wrap their arms around my waist and pulls me off of Verge. "Hey! No fighting at the christmas party!" Brite says. Dusk mumbles something, but I can't hear it. "What the hell dude?!"
Verge says loudly, causing people to turn and look at us.
"Well maybe if you didn't say something about Gu-"
"HEY!" Dusk shouts in my face, interrupting me.
My eyes fade back into their red state, meaning that I'm calmer. I turn to my sister, who wears red lipstick and a somewhat skimpy santa outfit. Isn't she like 14? Why the hell does she look like some thot?
"Okay, first of all, I'm 21. And second of all, I'm not a thot," Dusk says to me, offended.
Twins really do read minds.
"Dusk! Tell him who you found!" Brite interjects our snarls.
Dusk's eyes go wide and she faces back to me.
"Oh yeah! We found Valor and John here." Dusk says nonchalantly, as if it was nothing of importance. I stumble back and shake my head in surprise.