15. m e m o r i e s

my time with harry went by so quick yet it felt like i've known him forever. i'd see him everyday at school and most time after school and i got to know him so well.

he was a good cook, he seems like he'd be healthy but has a sweet tooth. (he makes the best brownies and cookies.) he liked watching sad movies and loves rom-coms. we listen to the same music. (went to a few concerts together too) he has a sister named gemma and a mom name anne, both whom i've met over facetime calls. the only friend i've ever heard him talk about was niall. he loves kids and would usually stop over when i would babysit. he was really sentimental and would always do things for me like surprise dates, small but meaningful gifts, and the notes he'd leave me. he was a good at playing the guitar and had a great voice. he even wrote me song.

i saved everything. the notes, the gifts, the song lyrics he wrote for me, even the box of polaroids that showed up at my door 3 weeks after he disappeared. he was obsessed with taking them. something about how this photo is the only one in the world. how it couldn't be texted to someone or screenshotted. it "holds a greater memory".

i cried for 10 hours straight just looking at the pictures. i stopped when i realized that one was missing. one he took of me after our 3rd date. i remember it so well because it was the night he went on a rant about how dumb social media was because i was complaining about not being able to post the picture.

even though most of me knew it most likely got lost, a small part had hoped that he kept it. that he actually cared. that he actually for a second loved me and thought that our time together was worth it to remember.

it's been 2 months since he left. every time i walked into his old classroom, i felt a pain in my chest. i would want to cry. i would crave his body thinking about the things we did on that desk.

for the past 2 months i've wore his old clothes to bed every night and curled myself in the blanket i took from the first night i slept with him. but it's time to move on. i'm about to graduate and go to college. it's time.

i packed everything i had that reminded me in the slightest of him into a box and shoved it in the back of my closet.

i told myself that i didn't need these things to remember him because what i have and i'll i need are the memories in my head.