39. p o u n d i n g

"huh?" harry says trying to push her off. he then reaches past me, grabbing helenes left over shot and throwing it back then proceeding to ask for more drinks. 

i order myself another drink and head out to the dance floor before my head explodes. camille was all over harry and i couldn't STAND it. jealousy seeped through my skin as i looked back at them.

i found helene who was with mitch, someone from harry's band.

"hey peyton!!" she said grabbing my free hand and jumping all around. i could tell she was a bit tipsy.

i take the last sip of my drink and realize i drank that way too fast. helene notices that i no longer ahve a drink and is quick to give me her extra.

"thanks." i say holding my cup into the center of the circle.

"cheers!!" we all say clanking our glasses and taking a sip.

i stumble from the dance floor to the bar wanting another drink. i was already pretty wasted, so i mine as well drink more because my hangover won't be any less annoying.

"i'll have another dry martini." i say giggling.

"um no she won't thanks though." i hear harry say who happened to be sitting right where i was standing.

"uh yes actually i will!" i say a little too loud and aggressive.

"you are wasted peyton, no more for you." he says sounding final. it pissed me off.

"your not in charge of me harry!" i yell right in his face.

"i know that i'm just watching out for you." he says calmly.

"oh why don't you go watch out for your little girlfriend" i say throwing up air quotes, "speaking of her, where is she harry? wouldn't want her to run off somewhere. you should probably go look for her."

"camille is not my girlfriend. and what she does is none of my business."

"ok than how is what I do your business?!" i say getting a bit aggressive.

"because i actually care about you unlike her!" he yells back.

i started to feel pretty dizzy and a bit overwhelmed after harry's last words. all of a sudden everything went black...

i wake up in my bed with a pounding headache. i immediately start to worry because i don't remember how i got here.

then i start to remember the events that went down last night and i immediately cringe. i regret every choice i made. i should have NEVER went to that place.

i was now extremely confused because of harry admitting he cares about me, but also relieved that him and camille are not a thing. or at least that's what he told me.

i check my phone to see a bunch of messages from bella and also harry.

i check bella's first and see that she is wondering how the concert went and if i was ok. i send her a quick text saying i'll call her in a few then click on harry's name in my inbox.

harry: how's the headache?

i contemplated responding or not, but decide it's best to since i'm going to have to see him later.

me: just great. my head definitely isn't pounding right now.

i'm surprised to see he starts typing right as the message goes through.

harry: rest up, because you've got work tonight.

i shut off my phone and soon drift off into a deep sleep, hoping i will be able to recover for tonight's show...