32. s t a r t

1 week later...

i'm laying around at the apartment bored out of my mind then my phone rings. i jump up and immediately answer.

"hello?" i say a little too loud.

"hi this is Sophie Brown, Ross and Rocky's manager! i'm calling to follow up with you after you recently sent us your portfolio?" she asks over the receiver.

"yes, that's me!" i reply.

"so i wanted to let you know that we love your work and we're wondering if you'd be down to come to their next show in New York City to have a trial run? we want to make sure that the job is fit for you before we make it official!"

"that sounds..... amazing!"

the rest of the call consists of Sophie going over the details of the show and exchanging contact information.

once i'm off the phone i run into the kitchen knowing bella got home a few minutes ago.

"THEIR MANAGER JUST CALLED ME, IM GOING TO NEW YORK CITY!!!" i scream jumping up and down.

"omg what!! when? how? WTF!!!" she screams and we start jumping together.

after we calm down, i tell her the plans over a glass of wine.

"so i leave tomorrow for new york city and-"

"tomorrow??" she asks cutting me off.

"yes!! and then if i get this position i continue touring with them."

"oh my god i'm going to miss you so much!!" she says hugging me.

the next day...

i'm about to board my plane to start my life. i'm overly excited because i can't even process the thought that i'm finally getting to do what i'm truly want to do.

right as i take a seat on the plane, my phone starts blowing up from twitter. i log on and see a bunch of notifications of people talking about how sad and how mad and confused they are. i keep scrolling till i find a tweet from one direction. it's long, way too long to just be an announcement or funny joke.

after reading, i can't fully comprehend what just happened.

one direction broke up