18. f e e l s

as time goes on, harry gets more and more popular. unintentionally i'd see him on social media, the news, and even ads on spotify. he was now in a boy band called one direction with niall and 3 other boys that are now growing fame along with them.

i would go on with my life like normal, even though a part of me wonders what it would be like if he never left.

as much as i try to forget him, i'm always reminded on the daily.

december

it's been a year since i had that awkward run in with niall.

life was good besides mid terms coming up, but i have break to look forward to.

"oh my god PEYTON, did you see the groupchat??" maddie asks me nearly screaming as she walks into our dorm room. i met her last year because she was friends with my old roommate and she's now my best friend at school.

"no i've been studying, what's up?" i ask not really interested.

"one direction is having a pop up concert TONIGHT at that new club on main. we HAVE to go!!" she says taking her sweatshirt off.

"first of all, i have to study, second of all, there's no way we'd get in anyways. there is definitely already people lining up outside and that club is awful, just a bunch of kids hanging around." i say still staring at my textbooks

"you have been studying since like last week and you have the next two days to as well. i'm sure you can spend a few hours away. also, it's not going to be crowded, well yet at least because it's a secret concert." she assures me.

"if it's secret than how would you know." i say peeling my eyes off my textbooks to her standing in the door way with her hands on her hips.

"i know a guy who works there. well i slept with a guy who works there. he found my instagram and dmed me about. probably to get on my good side and get me back in bed." she says with a smirk.

"ok TMI maddie. also i'd rather not go." i say

"ok are you an alien or something? one direction is like the most famous boy band with 5 super hot guys in it. they are playing just down the road at a club for FREE." she says trying to persuade me. she doesn't know about my past with harry and id want to keep it that way because if she knows, i will have to talk about it more and more.

"AND," she says before i get to say anything, "they are basically our age, well their like 22 or 23, but SAME thing." she says letting out a long breathe from talking so fast.

"listen, i really don't want to go. like at all." i say once again.

"please peyton if your not going for yourself, go for ME. cmon pleaseeeeeeee??" she persists

"maddie i really don't feel comfortable going." i say hoping she will shut up, but know this will just drag me down a path of questions i don't want to answer.

"and why is that??" she asks

"listen, i really don't want to get into-" i start, but she cuts me off.

"ok then just come with me so you don't have to explain." she says. i groan knowing she isn't going settle with no.

"why can't you just go with lily or jen??" i question while being pulled from my bed toward my closet.

"i don't feel like going with them. your much more fun to be around, minus the negative attitude and bumming state of mind." shes says flipping through the hangers in my closet.

"well i don't feel like going!" i say starting to get really annoyed.

"too bad! you just need a few drinks and you and you'll be ready to PARTYYY!" shes grinning.

before i get the chance to continue our argument, maddie is pulling out a tank top covered in diamonds i got from princess polly a while ago. following with a pair of ripped jeans and my platform superg.a's.

i put the outfit on and take a look in the mirror. the top was much sexier than i thought. the back was only clasped to together by one small pin at the top two corners of the shirt leaving my back exposed.

mine as well look good if i'm going to see the guy that left me with no contact and no warning.

i already knew it was going to be a long night.

when we got there, it wasn't too packed, but still some people. mainly kids. i head straight for the bar handing over my fake.

after a few minutes maddie gets up telling me we need to find a good spot to sit before the show starts.

"i'll meet you, just text me" i say holding up my drink.

a few minutes later i hear some voice over the speaker and the crowd cheering.

he's here.

i grab my drink, chugging it all at once.

the music is about to start and i grab maddies unfinished drink, chugging it as well.

this is going to be a l o n g  night.