30. s t r e n g th

my phone grip becomes loose and my phone falls to the ground.

tears well in my eyes as colin looks up from the bed. horror flashes across his face.

tears stream down my face now.

"peyton, this isn't what it looks like..." he says weakly.

i stand there still speechless over the fact that my boyfriend of 4 years is in our bed with another women.

"get......" i take in a deep breathe, " OUT." i scream as loud as my voice can go.

the unfamiliar women stood up wrapping a sheet around her naked body. she grabbed as many pieces of clothing at the ground before she ran out of the room.

the shock turns into anger and my mind questions why colin is still standing in front of me.

"why the FUCK are you still here?" i yell angrily

"peyton this isn't what it looks like. please let me explain." he says

"there is nothing to explain, now LEAVE."

he runs out of the room, only grabbing his phone and the underwear that was lying on the ground beside him.

when i hear the front door shut i fall to the floor filling the silence with deep screams and begin choking on my tears.

when i wake up, i'm in the same spot i was when i fell to the ground last night. i grab my now cracked phone and see that it is 9:45 am.

the missed calls from my boss and his assistant don't even phase me. i use the only strength i have left to stand up and go to the bathroom. i start to tear up when i see my eyes bloodshot eyes and tear stained shirt.

i walk out of the bathroom and stare at the bed in the center of our room. last nights events replay in my mind making me cry harder.

i grab my phone and call bella.

"hey what's up?" she says causally

"he-he cheated on me." i say choking on tears.

"what?? peyton what happened?? are you ok?" she questions worriedly

"no." is all i mange to say

"im on my way." she says and the line goes dead.

my back slides down the side of the door frame till i reach the ground and curl myself into a ball.

i hear the door open and the footsteps of bella getting closer and closer to me.

when she reaches me she crouches down and comforts me.

she helps me to the guest bedroom and stays with me all day and night.

when morning comes she walks in knocking slightly to wake me up.

"he's coming." is all she says

the anger in my body gives me the strength to roll out of bed and run to the master bedroom. i start grabbing all of his clothes and throwing it into the empty laundry basket from my closet. once it's full i take it to the foyer, dumping it out on the ground.

bella helps me gather his things, but let's me do the fun part of throwing it in the pile of stuff. once we finish i sit down on the couch collecting my thoughts.

"no." i say

"what??" bella asks

"i don't want this."

"you don't want what?" she questions

"this apartment, this life."

"ok..." bella says unsure of what i'm getting at.

"i need to go. leave california and start fresh."

"peyton, you just found your boyfriend cheating on you not even two days ago. your not thinking straight."

"no, im thinking perfectly fine. however i wasn't before. i don't know if he knew, or you knew, but i always knew that colin wasn't for me. and neither is california. at least not for now." i say standing up.

"peyton- what are you doing?" she asks following me to the bedroom.

"packing my things, can i stay with you for a few days?" i ask

"of course, but peyton you don't need to leave. your in shock right now and your not thinking like yourself."

i decide not to say anything and continue to pack my things into my suitcase. i scan the apartment, grabbing little things like my phone charger, my laptop, my camera and box of film.

right when i finish i here the front door open. i run past bella with all my things and into the foyer where i see colin.

"what the fuck?" he says in a nasty tone.

"oh, yeah sorry about that i was gathering your things for you to take when you would leave, but i decided that i want to leave instead." i say sassy and sarcastically.

"leave?? peyton we can sort things out. we can get through this..." he says.

before i get to say something, bella steps in.

"there's nothing to get through colin. you made the dumb decision to sleep with another girl and that's that. now accept the fact that peyton is leaving and moving on from you. and make sure to remember when your left here all alone that this was your fault." bella says then grabs some of my bags and leads me out the door.

"won't be needing this anymore." i say holding the key to the apartment. i throw them at his chest and leave with the door left wide open.