17. h a u n t e d

as soon as our eyes locked, we stood there for a few seconds, till i was pulled back to the real world, screaming fans all around me, trying to get in front of me. i ran out of that little "pit" of teen girls then stopped right outside to catch my breathe.

bella following behind, confused as to what just happened. soon enough she put two and two together and cake over to comfort me.

"peyton are you ok?" she asked concerned

"yeah i'm fine. that was just... weird." i say, confused as to why i'm not devastated or replaying memories of harry in my mind. "i'm fine and to be honest, i don't know how i am."

"maybe you moved on quicker than you thought." she says

"yeah, maybe." i say unsure and slightly concerned.

"wait so why was he swarmed with fans? is he famous now too or something??" i ask confused

"uh yeah he was on the X-facto.r too. he and harry both were, but performed separately." she says carefully, hoping i would break down at the sound of his name.

we continue our shopping, our last conversation leaving us in an awkward state of mind.

the day comes to and end and we say our goodbyes. when i'm back in my dorm i pull out my computer, curious as to what is really happening with harry and niall.

i pull up a promising website, probably one exaggerating the situation of these "new and young pop stars".

"Harry Styles and Niall Horan, life long friends performed on the X-facto.r just 2 weeks ago and were turned down by judges. little did everyone know, Simon Cowel.l had other plans for them..."

i shut my laptop before i could continue reading the dumb news article. just thinking about him scared me because i know that i'm still capable of unleashing my love for him that i once closed off. it haunted me. his face, his body, his voice, his humor.