35. l o v e d

we share no words during the 10 minute walk to may apartment.

when we finally arrive, i punch the code in on the door to the lobby. then walk toward the elevator and hit the 13th floor.

i walk to my door and unlock it with my key and harry follows me inside.

i set my bags down and harry takes a seat a the kitchen counter. i watch as he takes a look around my place.

i take a seat next to him and before i get to say anything he starts the conversation.

"what are you doing in new york city?" he asks.

"why are you such a dick?" i reply with a sassy tone.

"can you just answer me, i'm not trying to hurt you in anyway so please let's just talk like two mature adults." he says sternly

"i'm here because i want to be, but mostly because of my job."

"what do you do?"

"i'm a photographer, but mainly a concert photographer which is why i'm here."

"that's cool. what shows have you worked at?"

"i toured with driver era for about 10 months when i first started working. then i got this apartment and did a bunch of one time night things here. i worked at mostly smaller artists, but a lot that i listen to."

"sounds fun."

"it is."

"so tell me. what else have you done in the past 6 years?" he asks starting right into my eyes.

"well, when you left me, i was not ok. like at all, but somehow i managed to pick myself up and fly to the other side of the country. a few years pass and right when i think i'm ok, i run into you at a club and we fuck. then a few weeks later i learn that i'm pregnant because i skipped a few of my pills. at first i was in shock, then i was scared, then i was and because you didn't try to get into contact with me when i tried to reach you. then right when i was starting to accept the fact that i was going to have a child at my age, i lost the baby. i then later learned that i may not be able to have children which made me depressed, but i still carried on with my life. i graduated college, moved in with my boyfriend and life was decent. till it wasn't. i hates my job, and my life wasn't going anywhere. then i found my boyfriend in our bed with another women. so i packed my bags and moved to new york, got my dream job, started my life for real and now my ex, harry styles, is sitting in my kitchen." i finish out of breathe.

"i-i didn't know. i-i'm so sorry i really-i didn't know. i just thought it was better to not-not get into something that would hurt you. i didn't want to hurt you." he says defeated.

"well you did."

he takes my hands into his, forcing me to make eye contact with him.

"you'll have your own children one way or another when the time is right." he says wiping a tear that was rolling down my cheek.

and that's why i love him so much. loved him so much. past tense. oops. after hearing all that, he always remembers the things important to me and assures me all will be fine. he knows how much i've wanted children.

"aren't you supposed to be on tour right now?" i ask changing the subject.

"i am. i have 3 shows in new york."

"right...."

"if i give you tickets to the show will you come?"

"i'm busy.."

"well i have 3 shows. your busy the next 3 nights??" he asks knowing i'm just trying to get out of it.

"well i may be working."

"you may, but you don't know. cmon. please it will be fun. you can get plenty of gigs any other night."

"harry, i really don't want to commit to something that wouldn't be my top priority. my top priority is not to attend one of your concerts. it's to work at another."

"well why don't you work at my next 3 shows?"