[9.8]

"shit, shit, shit, shit, shit." i paced around my room.

     "he has feelings for me?"

     "i don't even know who he is."

     "mystery guy likes me?"

     i picked up my phone and called spencer.

     "answer, answer, answer."

     i got sent to voicemail.

     "damn it, spencer, answer your phone!" i whispered before pulling up my messages, spamming him to pick up his phone.

     my phone started ringing. "spencer, finally!" i answered and basically shouted. "dude, relax, what's wrong?" spencer asked. "remember that one time we were playing fortnite and we were talking about the mystery guy?" i asked. "uhuh, why?"

     "he gave me his hint of the day."

     "wow, congratulations. want a cookie?"

     "no, that's not what i mean. his hint was that he has feelings for me." i told him. "wow, go you. go get your man." spencer yawned. "did i wake you up?" i asked. "it's fine, keep talking." he answered.

     "okay, well, then he left me on read and now he won't open any of my texts and i don't know if it's because i did something or said something wrong, or maybe i reacted the wrong way or-"

     "dude, relax, he's probably scared. he just told you he's into you and he won't even tell you who he is. he's probably just scared to talk to you after telling you, don't look too far in to it." spencer said. "well, i also talk about ryan sometimes." i told him. "you don't talk about how much you're into ryan, do you?"

     "i mean, i have before." i said.

     "okay, brendon, listen. try not to talk about how much you miss ryan to him, if anything it'll make him feel bad. no one likes to hear the person they like ramble about how much they like someone else." spencer said. "i didn't know." i said. "i know you didn't know, which makes it fine. now, just watch the way you talk about it, okay?"

     "okay."

     "can we talk more about this tomorrow? i have a sleep schedule and as much as i'd love to chat more, you really really really need to catch up on sleep."

     "yeah, of course."

     "good night, brendon."

     "good night spencer."

     with that, i hung up the phone and let spencer sleep. i only thought of one thing after that call.

     "thank god for spencer smith."