[10.1]

"brendon, get your ass over here!" spencer shouted as soon as i walked past him. i turned my head and walked over to him.

"what's going on? spencer wouldn't stop talking to me about your mystery guy and he looks really confused and excited at the same time." dallon explained.

"did he answer?" spencer asked. i nodded with a grin. "i'm so confused." dallon stated. "what did he say?" spencer asked. "he does! he does have actual feelings for me!" i smiled. "what did you say?" spencer asked. "i... i said something stupid again."

     "oh god, you better not have said anything about ryan."

     i stared at him.

     "you're an actual dumbass, brendon."

     "shut up, i know." i shook my head.

     "seriously, what's going on?" dallon asked. spencer sighed. "last night, brendon's mystery guy confessed his feelings for brendon, and brendon was a fucking idiot and talked about ryan."

     "i talked about ryan this morning."

     "shut up, you still talked about ryan after i told you not to and after he told you about how he felt for you. you really woke me up last night to not use my advice." spence said. "i'm sorry!" i said.

"okay, let's talk about this. brendon has liked ryan for... how long have you liked ryan?"

"seventh grade."

     "brendon has liked ryan since seventh grade. wow that's a long time. spencer, you've been friends with brendon the longest. tell me, how does brendon act when he likes someone?" dallon asked.

     "oh god, he falls hard for them. he will never stop talking about them and he's usually really nervous." spencer explained. "so, you said he never stops talking about them, right?" dallon asked. "yeah, his whole world will revolve around them and he'll rant to me about them all the time." he chuckled.

     "if he never stops talking about them, you can't really yell at him for doing something he habitually does, especially since he's just now trying to break out of it. it'll be hard." dallon shrugged.

     "today was just him being a fucking idiot."

     "i was tired!"

     "okay, and i was tired when you called me in the middle of the night, but did i still listen to you?"

     "hey brendon."

     i turned and saw otto. "oh, hey otto, what's up?" i smiled. "so, you have a little mystery guy, right?" otto asked. "yeah, why?" i asked. "oh, good, i thought i had the wrong person. anyways, he wanted me to give you this." otto pulled out a piece of folded paper from his pocket. i raised an eyebrow. "is his phone dead?" i asked. otto just grinned and held out the paper.

     i slowly took the paper out of otto's hand. "thank you." i told him. "no problem." he nodded before walking away.

     "who's that?" spencer whispered. "you don't know otto?" dallon asked. "no, he seems pretty chill though." spencer shook his head. "okay, back on topic. brendon, do you still have feelings for ryan?" dallon asked. i nodded. "see, like you said, when he has feelings, he won't stop talking about them." dallon told spencer.

     "no, brendon was just being a dumbass and wouldn't listen, as usual." spencer shook his head. "what do you mean, 'as usual?'" i mocked him. spencer groaned and walked away.

     dallon and i looked at each other. "he's just a little tired. i'll be back." dallon waved before chasing after spencer.

     i sighed and unfolded the paper.

     "i know i only text you, but i couldn't help but write a little note. thank you for being the sun in my life. i can't wait for saturday! and thank you for not freaking out when that all happened today. i appreciate it. -your lonely moonlight."

     i frowned. the name lonely moonlight made me upset.

     i didn't want him to be lonely.