[10.5]

i sat down in my next class next to spencer. "hey spencer." i smiled. spencer groaned. "what do you want?"

     "damn, be like that then. i tried saying sorry, and i really am, but if you wanna be like that then i don't have to be sorry." i shook my head. spencer sighed. "brendon, i'm sorry. i'm tired and everything's making me mad."

     "i'm sorry." i said. spencer gave a weak grin. "it's fine."

     class began and we whispered throughout most of it.

     "wait, so, what exactly did he say?" spencer asked, referring to the mystery guy. i pulled out my phone and handed it to him. "i don't care how much you look through, just tell me when you're done." i told him.

     he opened up mystery guy and i's texts and began to read through all of them. i rested my hand in my palm as i struggled to listen to the teacher.

     finally, spencer placed my phone on my desk. "here." he said. i looked at him and his face was a mix of confusion and shock. "is there something wrong?" i asked. "no, no, nothing. nothing's wrong." he shook his head and faced the teacher.

     "you can tell me if anything's bothering you, you know."

     "nothing's bothering me, it's fine."

     "did he text me when you were reading the messages?"

     "no, brendon. it's nothing."

     "okay."