[14.1]

i knocked on the door and waited for a response. dallon opened the door and peeked through. "oh, hey brendon." he opened it wider and let me inside. "brendon!" spencer waved.

"so, today's your big day, huh?" dallon teased. i nodded and let a huge smile form on my face. "eight o' clock tonight!" i announced. dallon furrowed his eyebrows. "that's kind of late, it's gonna be dark. are you sure he's not gonna kill you?" he asked. i rolled my eyes and chuckled. "yeah, like i told you yesterday, everything will be great." i reassured him.

"um, brendon?"

the both of us turned to look at spencer, who was sitting on the couch. "yeah?" i tilted my head. "uh, just wanted to ask if you got enough sleep last night. did you?" he asked. i raised an eyebrow. "i mean, i'm not tired." i shrugged. "alright, that's good." he nodded.

     "you haven't had trouble sleeping in awhile, huh?" dallon smiled. i nodded. "well, it was hard last night, but i fell asleep." i told him. "at least you fell asleep." he said.

     "do you need someone to come with you? it's gonna be pretty dark." spencer asked. i shook my head. "i've walked there by myself at night before, i think i'll be okay." i said. "where are you going?" dallon asked. i sighed. "spencer, do you remember the hill?"

     spencer immediately looked up.

     "what's the hill?" dallon asked. i looked down. "it's the place him, ryan, and i used to hang out. it's where the whole thing happened." spencer explained, hesitating when it came to the event. dallon raised his eyebrows. "oh." he said.

"uh, dallon? your sink's broken." ryan walked down to the fourth step. "again?" dallon groaned before running upstairs.

it was just spencer and i in the living room now. "hey, brendon? since you're meeting him today, i think i need to talk to you about something." spencer began. i looked over at him and sat next to him. "what's wrong? oh my god, are you catfishing me?" i joked. spencer chuckled. "no, actually. but, i do need to talk about him." he said.

     i looked at him with curiosity. maybe he knew. "is there something wrong with him? do you know who he is?" i asked. spencer swallowed.

     "you know how you've told me that he feels familiar?"

     "yes."

     "remember when you let me look through the messages?"

     "yes.."

     i didn't have a good feeling about what was going to happen.

     "i.. you know, never mind. i want today to be a good day for you." he smiled. i sat up. "what? what do you mean?" i immediately asked. "no, brendon. what i thought was dumb anyways, now that i'm saying this out loud. it made sense in my head but it really doesn't anymore." he shook his head. i raised an eyebrow. "what made sense?" i asked.

     "we're back! i fixed it." dallon came downstairs with his arms raised up. "how do you keep breaking dallon's sink?" spencer asked with a completely different expression. "shut up! it's not my fault!" ryan protested. i looked at spencer again. he looked back and shook his head.

     maybe it really was nothing. damn.