2.

I don't go to school.

If you want to know why, well, there is no reason why. I'm a girl, duh. I usually just stay at home, praying for a miracle to miraculously work.

That's basically my weekly schedule. All the days of the week, home. Well, sometimes on Saturday I go to Jay's house to chill and relax, and maybe a rare sleepover with him till Sunday, but that's just my agenda.

In this society, no one takes pity on anyone. Not even me. It's like a daily motto Everyman tells himself. Of course I think Jay thinks the entire opposite, but that's not important.

If I want to go out, maybe to get some food or anything, I would always conceal myself with my hoodie, just to beware of any blinder tension. A/N: Nevaeh always says "blinder" in reference to men who treat her disrespectfully.

Once I hear my phone ring, I see that it's Jay. By the way, if you're wondering who my parents are, they're both men. Ones name is Ken while the other one is Ben. It's kind of odd for two men to have a female, but I guess that's just how things work in this society.

"Hey, Nevaeh. How's life?" Jay asks as I answer the phone.

"Nothing any better. You done with school? I heard on Thursdays y'all finish early."

"Yeah. It's kind of boring though."

"I wish I could go to school. Instead I have to stay at home, doing nothing but making food and sweeping floors."

"I'm not supposed to say this, but I feel an enormous amount of pity on you. But I'm pretty sure you can just smuggle in as a boy. Me and my boy David can help you with it, just come over to my house tonight at 6, alright?"

I froze in silence. He did not just say he felt bad for me. No, he was probably just joking.

"Nevaeh, you still there?" Jay said.

"Oh, yeah, totally in the zone."

"Alright, so you coming or nah?"

"Yeah I will, just give me a minute or two." I said and hung up.

"Hey, Ben, ima be hanging out at Jay's." I said. Don't worry, my parents let me call them by their first names. It's like a sign of respect.

"Aye, Nevaeh. Don't be getting them red marks on your neck." Ben says.

"Ben, let the girl be. You know her well that she doesn't do that stuff." Ken replied.

"Ight Ima head out." I said.

They both waved while I took my bag and went out.