9.

This took place 12 years ago, long before discrimination began. Arminia was a peaceful suburban city where all lesbian females, and one boy lived. The boy, Oliver Manlend was with Kacy Madison at that time, and was the only straight couple in Arminia since adolescence.

Triniti POV

My morning stroll is a breeze. Usually when I walk down my neighborhood, women are just either standing and talking outside, sitting on their front porch, or clearly making out, well, that's not a usual thing I see, but I did see two girls doing that once.

My brother, Oliver, is the only boy in this place. It's a rare thing considering Arminia is a place of women kind. But don't worry, the population of 3500 people are really welcoming towards him. Also to mention, Kacy Madison is his girlfriend, basically the only, uh,
what's that word he uses again? Oh yeah, straight couple in Arminia.

"Girl hurry up. We're going to be late for the meeting." Kacy remarked in the distance.

"I'm coming, K." I replied. Keep in mind that Kacy and I were best friends at the time, so every moment we always had a good time.

Once we got into the building, which was really big, we saw a big screen of my mom, Amedra Manlend speak about how Oliver will become the next ruler of Arminia. The video was about five minutes long so it's not all that boring, but at the same time, it was sad to hear her voice ever since she passed away.

Kacy patted my shoulder, "You okay, Triniti?"

"Yeah I'm fine. Let's just head out of here first."

"Wait."

"Yeah what is it?"

Oliver and Kacy both looked at me smiling with Kacy holding to what seemed to be a blanket. But no, it was a baby.

"Triniti, meet Nevaeh Manlend."

I cried with tears of joy and happiness while Kacy gave me the baby to hold. "Aww she's so adorable."

They both grinned.

"But still, are you going to focus on your duties as future ruler?" I asked.

"Indeed. My first order is to make sure every woman here is safe from any danger. We don't want to be discriminated against again from blinders like the last 10 years." Oliver replies.

"I suppose. But the blinders haven't set foot into Arminia since Nevaeh was born. I don't see why we have to prepare again."

"Mom said that Nevaeh was the cause of the end of the discrimination. When Nevaeh becomes older, there is most likely a chance those blinders will invade again."

Kacy walked towards the door. "We'll find a way, right now, I'm hungry."

"Girl you're always looking for food." Oliver replied with a smirk.

"You know that's not what I meant."

I rolled my eyes with disgust. "Anyway, Kacy, can I talk to you for a second?"

Oliver nodded and walked outside while Kacy walked back towards the table.

"You should tell him about Kennedy. You can't keep it in forever." I said.

"But I don't want to disappoint your brother, Triniti. I love him, but I love Kennedy more. I just don't know how to tell him about her."

I sighed. Although, she does have a point. Kacy and Oliver already have a baby, Nevaeh, and they are in love, but at the same time, wait, she needs to make up her mind.

"Okay."

Once we came out of the office, Kacy said she wanted to take Nevaeh home for the night, since Oliver and her are both living separately. When she left, him and I walked back home. The odd thing is that the next day, Oliver and I didn't see Kacy at her house, nor did we see Nevaeh. The one thing I do remember seeing, were two notes on her dining table, one saying To: Kacy and the other saying To: Oliver.

Dear Kacy,
I decided to follow my heart and be with Kennedy. Naturally, I took Nevaeh with me because I wanted to start a family.

Dear Oliver,
I'm so sorry for leaving you, and taking Nevaeh. It's just I found a girl I realized that I love even more. I just hope that there isn't any tension when we somehow meet again.

I stared at the paper and read my note from her a few times and casually put it back. No emotion was conveyed in my face because somehow I saw this coming. On the other hand, Oliver ripped up the note and started crying and screaming.

"SHE LEFT ME KACY AND SHE TOOK MY CHILD ALONG WITH HER." He shouted.

I sighed and shaked my head, which seems to have pushed his buttons.

"You knew about this, didn't you?"

"I didn't know she was running away."

"But you knew about this 'Kennedy' girl, and YOU DIDN'T EVEN SAY A THING ABOUT IT!?"

As young as I am, I showed no sympathy, for I think it should've been so obvious to him, but then again, my older brother can really be stupid.

"No, I didn't, because if you hadn't been so caught up in your ruler business, you would've payed more attention to your own love life."

"You think I wasn't focused on her at all?"

"Of course you weren't."

"You, both of you, are unbelievable. One girl ran away for someone else without even telling me face to face, and you're actually supporting it?"

We both stared at each other in anger. Tension and wrath was all we could see in each other's eyes. If only, he understood, my perspective, Kacy's perspective......

Oliver stopped staring at me and made his way through the door. "Y'know, things are going to be completely different once I become ruler. Completely different."

"What do you mean, different?"

"You'll see for yourself, Triniti."

I rolled my eyes with ignorance that day, little did I know that Oliver had something up his sleeve. Two years later, the blinders invaded Arminia once again, but this time, my brother did not do a single thing to cease it and just let it happen. What made things worse was when he created his first law, which was that every woman in Arminia should be men, and if they don't, they're automatically executed.

Naturally, the law applied to me as well.

"Oliver, what has happened to you? This isn't the older brother I used to know."

"Follow the law, Kacy. Otherwise you'll be good as dead like the others."

"W-Why are you doing this?"

"You know excatly why."

"Fine."

At that moment, I knew there was nothing else I could do, since his purpose was to take revenge from Kacy. And to make things worse he created another law, which was outrageous.

" 'Every man required to discriminate against Nevaeh'? Are you out of your mind?"

"That little girl Kacy took Nevaeh along with her. She should get a taste of her own medicine."

"But she was only a baby."

"Who cares."

Oliver was abusing his power, and I couldn't do a single thing.

So I sat there, in silence, for twelve whole years. Nothing could be done. Until.......

Nevaeh, and Kacy, came back to Arminia.