4.

A/N: Just a little announcement, this chapter is going to be long, but I promise it's worth reading. Enjoy:)

Jay POV

I gulped my saliva down my throat nervously in hopes that I could just vomit and run. Unfortunately, I can't do that right now. Ima have to think of a good lie to tell her. She'll know it when the time comes.

"So, speak. I ain't got all day." Nevaeh says.

David and I look at each other. He signaled to me that I should talk first.

"Uh, we were just trying to look for the extra uniform, but i found out it's not in my room, heh, isn't that funny?" I lied.

No change in emotion still. I need to lie more.

"Y'all were in there for at least 20 minutes. Don't lie to me. Just spill your beans. I'm tired."

I actually realized that I shouldn't lie, but tell her the half-truth, and that's how I feel about her.

First, I sighed. "So, you want to know what we were talking about? Fine. I'll tell you. I was talking about how much I love you, Nevaeh. I really do. Yeah, I'm also tired of you being discriminated, but trust me, David and I know how that feels."

Now this is when Nevaeh's face changes. It was from a serious, mad face, to a shocked and 'are you serious' face.

"You're kidding right?" She asked.

"No, I'm serious, dead ass."

"No, I know you're serious about how you feel about me, but you and David being discriminated, how can you possibly know how that feels?"

"It was a decade ago. Before I even knew you existed. All of us men nearly got ourselves killed. We were hurt, verbally and physically abused. That's why you see the scars on our arms." I said.

"It was hell, a living hell." David added.

"But, why? Why would any of you men be discriminated? I see nothing that is discriminative about you."

We kept quiet. "I don't want to talk about it." I said.

Nevaeh was crying, and hugged me. I hugged her back, of course. "Just tell me what happened."

I whispered in her ear. "When the time comes, okay, I promise."

She let go, but I wiped her tears off her face. She started smiling. "I love you too, Jay."

"Ugh, y'all get a room or something." David teases.

We both started laughing.

"Anyway, let me get your uniform. Please follow me." I said.

Nevaeh's POV

I'm still way shocked about the things that Jay told me, I even thought they weren't true. But, let me leave that behind me. Right now, I'm following him to his playroom. It's actually pretty huge. There's a pool table, with a little TV and couch lounge. He opened the little closet at the corner, and showed me his extra uniform. It was a light blue, collar buttoned shirt, with a pair of red burgundy pants.

"It's not too fancy, but it's worth wearing." David said and gave to me.

"I love it. Thank you." I said.

They smiled. "Now you can put this in my room as well as your bag, and let's chill in my playroom." Jay said.

And that's exactly what I did. Few minutes went by, and David had to leave. That just left Jay and I sitting on the couch.

"Nevaeh?"

"Yeah?"

"So, you know whenever you told me you love me too? Do you really mean it?"

My mind was not in the place it was supposed to be, but my heart was. "Well, I'm not so sure. I mean, I just don't know how I feel."

"What do you mean, are you saying you lied to me?"

Now my mind came back to this world. "Oh no I didn't, it's just I have standards, like I want to be careful who I choose because of all the discrimination and stuff."

"Oh, I see. But in case if you're ready, just tell me. Whenever you feel the time is right."

I smiled. "But are you sure about this?"

"Completely." He smiled back.

I stood up. "Well, I guess I can be on my way home. Don't want my parents to get suspicious."

Jay stood and grabbed my hand. "No, please stay."

"Uh, I don't know. I really don't want to get in trouble."

"Do you have a bedtime?"

"What, no. I just, don't want my parents to think I'm doing, uh, well, more."

"But do you?"

I kept quiet.

"Since you're not saying anything, I'm not doing anything. You can head to your parents house, just remember to take the uniform and-"

I turned around and l kissed him slowly. It was for a short amount of time before I broke it.

"So, it seems like you are ready." Jay said.

"Don't tell a single soul. Please. Not even David. Nobody. I beg of you."

"Okay, okay, I won't."

"Thank you. You know what, I gonna stay overnight, just because I'm going to school tomorrow."

"You gonna sleep in my room?"

"Uh, no. I'll sleep on your playroom couch. Do you have an extra blanket?" I asked.

His face looked a bit discouraged, but it's for the best. "Yeah, it's somewhere in my room. Follow me."

We both went to his room, and on his bed, he had a dark blue blanket with white snowflakes.

"Here you go." Jay said and extended it to me.

I nodded my head. But I didn't take the blanket. Instead I told him to put it on his bed.

He looked at me confused. "What are you doing?"

"Close the door. Let's just make things right."

Jay grinned. He did as I requested, and one thing went after another. Little did I know, that my dad was calling my phone.