12.

Kacy POV

When Triniti and I left the house, we did our usual stroll by the small town, but it felt a bit farther from usual so we had time to small talk a little bit.

"So Triniti, do you still remember where Oliver lives?"

"Yeah it hasn't changed. We still live together but things have been really awkward and we're not as close as we were 13 years ago."

"Ah I remember those days. Arminia, the girls liking girls society. It was fun, don't you think?"

"Of course. We would see girls flirting, holding hands, and embracing left to right, and don't forget the moments at school. Those times were memorable I never wanted it to end.

"Then again, I felt bad for Oliver. I heard that he was picked on for being the only male back then."

"He was, but I'm telling you when you and him became a thing, it changed his life."

"I know. Hopefully when I meet him, we can sort things out and tell him to get rid of these laws."

"Me too."

Once we got to the house, when I went inside, nothing had changed. The place still looked exactly the same ever since I left. Just walking around the empty hallway, core memories started flowing in my head.
~~~~~~~~~
"Kacy, stop running and give Nevaeh back to me."

"But I want to keep her. Please just for one more night, and I promise I'll let you have her tomorrow."

"Honestly what is with you?"

~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Oliver, what's wrong? Why are you sitting here?

"It's nothing. I'm just a little scared to be future ruler. I don't even know what to do, and I just want to be like mom was."

"It's okay to be scared. You just have to be you. Once you become ruler, you make sure that you're the best of the best and set a good example for all of us. And I'm sure that Aunt Amedra will be proud."

Embracing~ "Thanks sweetie."

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you done yet?"

"Uh huh."

Pleading eyes.

"Aww I know. Come here you."

Giggling. Kisses.

"Ugh, get a room you two."

"We're in my office, Big sis. If anyone needs to get a room it's you."

"C'mon sweetie, don't be so hard on her. She's just teasing."

"Yeah yeah whatever. You're still mine anyways."
~~~~~~~~~~

Nothing had changed. Not even the tiniest bit.

"Kacy? Kacy? What's wrong? We're at the office."

I snapped back into reality. "Don't worry about it, I'm just thinking about things."

Triniti looked at me with concern. "If you say so." She knocked on the office door, which is the same beige colored door blending in with the ivory colored hallway. When it didn't open, both of us weren't surprised, since the door was already unlocked.

When we opened the door, Oliver was already standing behind his office desk, already aware of the situation that has occurred. I looked at Oliver as if it's the last time he would ever see me again, but his face on the other hand was raging with anger. I could just tell by the way he was purposely ignoring Triniti's existence and made dead eye contact at me.

"So after 13 years, you finally came back to Manlend, Kacy Madison."