Shadows

Chapter 3
When I turned I saw the boy from earlier and another boy much more buff and roughly around the same height but not exactly they’re both around 6-foot or 5-11. The one from earlier has the most beautiful green eyes while the other had the softest looking reddish-brown hair. “Hey, you’re the girl my dog tackled earlier I am so sorry. By the way, I’m Kota and this is my friend Nathan.” Charles talked for the both of us I signed what I needed him to say for us. “Hwi my name is Chawles and this is my sissy Wiwy and she said hwello.” They looked at us in shock.”How old are you Charles and how do you know sign language?” I looked at him and he already knew not to tell them the truth. “Well, I’m two and my sissy has a bad imune swystem so it gwets hard to talk so we learned how to sign so we all can still understand each other.” He smiled so brightly, I even cracked a smile. “That’s amazing so she isn’t deaf?” The one Nathan said I gave him a glare that made him cower. I then signed “tell them that we will be going.” The one Kota then said, “Okay we will leave you alone and let you be on your way.” I looked at him cause I didn’t think he knew how to sign. Then I turned and walked with Charles to start our walk through the woods. Finally, I found the perfect tree for us to sit in. I signed to Charles to hold tight and started climbing till I got to the branch that I wanted. Then we sat for what felt like hours but most likely was like 30 minutes. Then Charles asked me a question. “Sissy, do you think mommy is ever going to be nice to you?” I could hear him sniffling because he hated how I was treated more than anyone else. I signed that “I don’t know” but once I’m old enough I will be taking him, Eric, and Sang far far away from that vile woman. All he could do was smile. “I wove you so much, so much more than her she shouldn’t hurt you. You don’t do anything wong!” “Life just isn’t fair sweet-pea okay” he just nodded. Then he snuggled into my shoulder and fell fast asleep. I just looked out into the forest and though of what it would be like if I would have been their guardians. Once I’m done this year and turn 18 and finish all of my senior year of high school I’m going to get all the legal documents to become their legal guardian. About an hour later I carried a sleeping Charles down the tree. About halfway down my hand slipped we went falling, I turned so my back was to the ground and his back was to my front. When we made impact all the wind was knocked out of me, it became hard to breathe but I managed to get up and check if he was okay. “I’m fine sissy, but your hwort!” Then everything went dark.