Abandoned

Chapter 5
After all the boys got out of their initial shock they all turned beet red. At that, I started to laugh, but when my little brother looked at me curiously I said, “Don’t worry my little munchkin they are all just a bit flustered.” When they heard that they turned even redder. After a couple of minutes, Kota came over and started looking over my wounds but while he did he saw all the scars and his face was turning from red in embarrassment to a pale like a ghost. “You okay, if you can’t deal with a couple scars then you are way too much of a chicken,” I exclaimed, he looked at me with what looked to be like shame or guilt. When he was done he gave me a shirt to which was a nice black which I thanked him. When we were all done we went down to his living room to find a woman. “Hey boys was wondering if you were going to come down.” When she realized they weren’t alone and she saw my brother she all but squealed out in what had to be a delight. “Oh my dear, well aren’t you just so adorable!” When she started walking towards Charlie he started backing away and then he hid behind me. “Sweetheart what's wrong it’s okay, I'm not going to hurt you.” But when she got closer she then noticed him hiding behind me she looked shocked that I was there then she went and started smiling. “Well hello, dear, who might you and this young cutie be?” She looked at Kota but he was looking right at me. “Hello my name is Riley and this here is my little brother Charlie. Charlie say, hello.” My voice came out hoarse but I would be fine. She looked shocked then she said something I wasn’t I was ready for. “Riley may I please look at your throat?” My face stayed blank but I was spurring up a storm inside. “I’m sorry but that will not be possible, I just have a really bad cold.” My face was blank of any way for the boys to figure out my lie. “Okay, I can see you’ve caught what many people have gotten.” I just shook my head. “Would you like anything to eat?” At that moment my baby brother came to mind and he hadn’t eaten much today so I said yes. While eating I noticed the boys eyeing me questioningly so I said if they had something to say just say it. Since Charles was sleeping they came and sat down. We sat in silence for a while. “Are you okay Riley?” It was Kota who sid that and I knew what he was referring to so I just nodded my head. The boys are quite cute when they’re worried. It’s very, very amusing.