37 - Yeonjun

When Yeonjun opens his eyes, he's overwhelmed by a sea of green. The foliage, vines, and grass combine to a thousand tones of life. They belong to a forest that reaches high and wide, where the tree trunks are larger than trucks and the farthest branches reach to the heaven.

He recognizes the sensation. Just like when he entered Henesys, he's overwhelmed with nostalgia that makes him feel like he's floating. Elinia. This is the place where mages receive their blessing before beginning the journey into the more dangerous parts of the Maple World. Even though Yeonjun played the game as a rogue, he still remembers traveling here to relax. But the screen does none of its beauty justice. Elinia is a work of art, complete with the touches of fairies who have made small houses in earthy tones. Their handiwork sits on the largest branches and are embedded into the sturdiest trees.

First, Yeonjun checks on each of the members. They're all breathing. And though on unsteady legs, they can all stand without each other's assistance. Yeonjun can breathe in relief. The power he sensed from Jin was astronomical, and he can only imagine what would be of the team if Taehyun didn't summon his magic door in quick thinking.

"Let's move quick," Yeonjun suggests. "We have to find someone who can help."

The team has no disagreements. So with a few shrugs and testing of their limbs, TXT begins to explore the home of fairies and mages. The former appear in flashes of white light, as small as a light bulb—sometimes big as a human—but they disappear before Yeonjun can judge the length of their wings.

The disappearing fairies makes trying to look for help a big hassle. After running his hands through his hair a thousand times, Yeonjun is irritated just like his scalp.

"Why don't you just show us the way to a human!" Yeonjun shouts out.

The whole team looks at him with wide eyes. Am I going crazy? I came way too far to be led around in an alternate world until death. "Guys, we have to talk to the fairies. Don't stare at me. Use your voices."

The other four members shift on their feet, suddenly shy. Just when Yeonjun thinks a member might speak up, the ground next to him glows in radiant yellow. A few seconds later, a fairy is standing in the light's place. She has coral hair and is dressed in the same color from head to toe. Her beauty is undeniable, her skin glowing from within and unblemished. Her wings seem made of glass, perfectly symmetrical and reflecting iridescence.

"You're correct," she says. Even her voice is ethereal. It reflects a resounding smoothness. "Most fairies will stop if a human speaks to them. All you have to do is speak up. Whether they will be keen to help you is another matter."

"We won't ask you for much," Taehyun says. "But a long story short, we are on a mission to defeat the Black Mage. Just let us know where Grendel is so we can ask for his help."

The fairy stares at Taehyun, then to Yeonjun, then back at Taehyun again. "This is information that will possibly cause the fairies harm."

Yeonjun's face heats up. He doesn't know whether he's angry or shell-shocked at talking to a real-life fairy. No matter, he can't give up now. He's so close to showing the Mage and Jin that he won't be defeated. Not even by the darkest illusions or threats. He's not even scared of losing his life, knowing that his members will be there to defend him.

"We're TOMORROW X TOGETHER," Yeonjun says. He gestures at his teammates to bow, and they do so. "We are five boys who have gathered under one dream to build a new tomorrow." Yeonjun sighs before continuing. "And the Mage has caused some serious destruction on earth. We need to talk to the head of this city."

The fairy wavers, finally averting her eyes. "Grendel did mention an attack on earth. Although it did not affect the Maple World just yet, I'm sure there could be future repercussions....

"I will lead you."

Yeonjun almost jumps for joy, but he holds his composure and follows the fairy as she heads toward higher ground. Yeonjun and the members climb over giant roots and vines, weaving in and out of the trunks of redwood trees. Slowly, the houses become more ornate. The simple designs shift to delicately painted patterns—mostly flower-inspired—covering whole homes from roof to base.

And the famous magic library awaits them in a clearing. The place is huge, with two stories arranged like a castle with a pointed roof and open balcony. The upper portions are painted yellow and orange, while the other parts are a weathered clay. Although appearing fully alive, the library also gives an ancient vibe judging from the vines that wrap around its base.

Yeonjun thanks the fairy with a bow and smiles at his brothers, who look absolutely beat. As the oldest, he has to encourage them in some way. Discovering one of the four instructors of the Maple World is surely a victory.

The room is mostly dark, but its owner is unmissable. Grendel is floating in the center of the library. A blue magic keeps him afloat. He's an old man with a long beard, dressed in a white robe and magician's hat. He smiles when seeing Yeonjun and the others.

He holds out a palm, showing off a glass orb that sparkles as if being held under the full glare of sunlight.

"I already know why you're here," Grendel the Really Old says. "If you can steal this orb from my hands, then I'll give you the power you need to defeat Mr. Jin."

A/N: Happy New Year everyone!