Chapter 1

Your hands shook, the gravity of the situation evident in your little face as you reached forward. You needed to show your parents. They had to see the grotesque head that was lying on the sidewalk with you. The world was dark and red, the sky covered in dark clouds. It had turned that way when you walked outside. Strange creatures walked and waddled about, barely paying your little family any mind.

Your mother looked down at you as you held the head up, her face filling with confusion. "Honey, what are you doing," she asked. Your father knelt, taking your hands and reaching through the head. Your eyes widened and you felt yourself start to cry as you pulled away.

"Daddy, you made it yuckier," you hiccuped. Your father stared up at your mother and soon you were all in the car.

The doctors stared for a moment before pulling your family outside. You rubbed your head. It had been years since your first diagnosis. The hallucinations had only seemed to get worse as the years went by. The things that you saw were beginning to take notice of you and even approach you. Your phone rang, the single buzz of the vibration pulling your mind from the little creature in the corner of the room.

You stared at the messages from your boyfriend. He at least enjoyed your schizophrenia. Not in the way you would have liked at least. He'd pull you aside and ask you what you saw, describing it in detail as he'd draw it out. It only added to the terror, seeing someone else draw out what you saw. He didn't seem to care though, even when you protested it. He was even asking you now and you found yourself cringing.

Your fingers shook as you started typing, wanting to avoid the conflict that came with denying him. Clawed fingers encased yours and her stiffened, looking up. The face was distorted, glitching ass if it was a failed program. The eyes had radio dials for their pupils and the teeth were sharp and yellow, dripping a black ooze as it loomed over you. Antlers came from the red and black hair, framing the head in a jagged frame. The face was thin and greying, the smell of rotting flesh burning your nose.

You covered your mouth, holding your breath and dropping your phone as it leaned closer with a sinister grin. You stilled your body as well as you could, fear paralyzing you to the hospital bed. The face started to mouth something, static filling your ears. "Go-go away," you muttered. The grin just seemed to grow as the clawed hand made it's way to your face and held your cheeks. You grabbed at it, the feeling of claws digging themselves into you bringing your heart rate up.

It vanished as soon as your parents came back into the room, worry on their faces as you looked over to them. They pulled your hands from your face, blood in your nails. They looked at each other before nodding.

"Dear, I think it's best if we let you stay with professionals," your mother stared down at you, petting your cheek while avoiding the injuries.

You sat down, staring at the table as your boyfriend pulled his sketchbook out. You just watched, not bothering to say anything. "So you're saying they let you live with your psychologist," he asked.

"More like made me," you nodded. He stared and nodded, starting to doodle the fast-food joint you two sat in. You knew what was coming and you dreaded it.

"So," he tapped the paper, "You can have anyone you want over?"

"James," you muttered quietly. He laughed and shook his head, reaching over and petting your cheek.

"I'm only asking because I'd love to be with you," his eyelids closed a bit, a look coming to his eyes that made you feel uncomfortable. You stared at him before you caught a red-clad figure not far off. You froze, your eyes widening as the familiar head turned to you. "What is it?" He turned around, a frown coming to his face before he was hit with a realization. He turned back to you, tapping the sketchbook again. "Come on! I want to see too!"