Chapter 22

You were exhausted but you needed this to stop. James didn't need to know what happened after he was killed. Alastor didn't have to display everything like it was a competition. Why did he do that anyway? What was the point? You were back to your normal height, groaning at the torn blouse internally. Alastor smiled at you, his grin widening as he stepped forward and took your hands. "Darling, you shouldn't exhaust yourself," he hummed.

"This thing, with me and James, will resolve itself," you muttered. You stared up at him, your ears going back as Alastor gazed down at you. "It'll go away eventually and things will go right back to normal."

"Let me butt in here for a minute," Angel moved behind you, putting his hands on your shoulders before looking Alastor in the eye and whispering. You tried so hard to get it but missed it when you finally focused, the spider looking over his shoulder at James. "Hey, mini dick, what was your relationship like with Sugar Lips?"

James was a few steps back from the spider, rubbing the back of his head as he gathered his words, "It was nice and easy. (Y/N) didn't argue or say much of anything so going out on dates was pretty easy."

Angel narrowed his eyes at the man, nodding, "Uh-huh. What'd you guys do?"

"Chilled out," James smiled thoughtfully, his eyes glazing over a bit as he tapped his chin. "We watched a lot of movies and she'd tell me about her hallucinations after a bit of prodding. We didn't go out on official dates until a few months before I died. She still didn't say much." Angel rubbed his face with his free hands, looking to Charlie for help.

"Did you have to force a lot of things out of her," Charlie quipped up after a moment.

"She keeps everything to herself," James stated bluntly. "You always have to force shit out of her."

"Such a lie," Alastor snickered. James glared up at him, a frown sinking his brow.

"Oh yeah? And what the fuck do you do with her, lover boy," James snapped. You flinched and went to say something, stopping and looking down before a sound left your mouth. Angel pulled you from between the two, keeping his hands gently on your shoulders. "The most I've seen you two together is when she goes to sleep in your damn room. Let me tell you bud, no one would sleep with your ugly ass mug unless their lives depended on it."

Alastor took it with a large grin, his hands behind his back as James started spitting out words.

"Not to mention your the fucking hallucination she was scared of most. You twisted her into it. You're probably going to take it out on her later tonight too," he sniffed.

"Hey," you all looked to Husk, who stood in the doorway. "Kid, if I were you I'd shut my fucking trap. Just a fucking warning. I don't want to deal with your fucking screaming any more than anyone else here." James glared over at the feline, flipping him off.

"I came to get (Y/N) and take her home with me. She doesn't need to be with the rest of you fucking losers and manipulative freaks," James growled. Alastor slowly started to clap, laughing darkly.

"Well done, young man, well done," Alastor snickered. "But you're wrong. You don't have to force things out of the little darling. You don't have to prod and poke and twist and hurt her." The lights flickered and you could see the shadows dance at the demon's feet.

"She hasn't slept with anyone outside of sharing a bed because of nightmares," Angel snorted. "Trust me, I tried to get her to buy." Charlie glared at Angel, crossing her arms and he held up his upper hands. "Give me a break! I wanted to see if she was any good! Sugar Lips has a nice ass under that drab ass skirt." Your heart was beating in your chest and you bit your lip. Alastor waved his hand, his mic appearing for him to lean on.

"(Y/N) speaks to us all here regularly, albeit in private. She loves dancing and parties. She's very good at planning and has a knack for killing," Alastor hummed. "She kept a journal where she wrote all of her favorite songs, all her favorite picture shows. She hates touching others because she's scared. She doesn't speak with strangers unless she has to because she's scared. She answers truthfully and honestly when aggression is present in the conversation because she hates confrontation with a passion.

"And to continue with what she and I do when she comes to my room; she talks about her day and falls asleep," Alastor let out a long breath, the static that had filled the room dying down. You stared at him, blinking as everyone else was. "And all that fear, all that delicious, unreasonable fear was created by a man that whispered I love you in her ear while using her little sights to gain himself popularity with the crowds." Alastor started to laugh, walking towards James. "You, my boy, just want her so you can have what you had before.

"You're incapable, lack creativity, lack the proper desire for your art without your muse," Alastor stopped and held his hand out to you, his fingers twitching. "Shall we take this in another room, darling. I fear this is getting far more personal than anticipated." You stared at his hand before looking up to Angel.

"She doesn't have to hear your shit. You're pulling on heartstrings," James snapped. He glared at Alastor, crossing his arms. Charlie suddenly smiled, walking between the two to retrieve you from Angel.

"I'm going to have to ask that we drop this whole thing," she circled her hands over her head and laughed a bit. "There's no need for this! We can all get along, right? Right?" Alastor and James looked at her, the man in red smiling wide and James scowling deeply.

"Fuck no," he snapped. Charlie flinched and she grabbed your hand, looking down at the floor. She looked over at you, perking up and smiling.

"I have an idea," she cheered. "Let's just ask (Y/N)!" Your eyes widened and you stared at her, your ears going back.

"Charlie, I-I don't think-"

"What a marvelous idea," Alastor spun his cane, tucking it under his arm and moving a hand behind his back. "Darling, what's your take on this?" You tightened your grip on Charlie's hand, your shoulders shaking as you moved closer to her.

"What do I- why do I have to choose," you mumbled quietly. Alastor stared for a moment while James smirked.

"Like pulling fucking teeth," he sniffed.

"Maybe if you'd shut up that'd help," Angel snapped. James scowled at him as Angel rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. A hand was patting your back gently. You wanted to cry, to just curl up and sleep off the sudden exhaustion you had gotten. You stared between the two, looking at Charlie before walking over to Alastor. James' expression turned furious as Alastor smiled smugly.

"It seems you didn't know her well enough, my good fellow," he hummed. His neck snapped to the side as he put a hand over your shoulder to pull you to his side. "Shall we go, darling? I think I, myself have had enough of this debacle." You just nodded, his hand grabbing yours and the two of you walking past James. He eyed you in his peripheral, not bothering to turn his head.

Alastor was quiet as you two stood in the elevator, the smile on his face broad and something in his eyes similar to pride causing them to half-close. You kept your hand in his, the trembling making him tighten his grip a bit. "Darling?"

"Yes," you mumbled. He leaned down, looking you in the eye with a soft smile on his face.

"Do you know what I saw," he asked. You stared for a minute, tilting your head as he reached over and ran his knuckles down your cheek.

"What do you mean," you shifted a bit, reaching for his hand with your free one and holding it gently.

"When we first officially came face to face down in here in this hell," he chuckled. You frowned a bit as he moved closer.

"I-I don't," you shook your head. The door opened and he pulled you along, his cane clicking on the ground after he let go of your other hand. He walked straight to his door, pushing it open and holding it for you. You slowly walked in, his hand tightening to keep you from venturing too far form him.

"I saw a piece of heaven grace the murky depths," he purred out the minute he had shut the door. You jumped and looked over at him, your face darkening. "My dear, I may not be everything you need but I can try to be everything you want."