Chapter 2

You woke up in your bed, the blankets pulled past your shoulders. There wasn't a single creature to disturb your morning as you went about it normally. You still felt as if you were being watched, the shadows seeming entirely too dark for the amount of light that seeped through the blinds. Your father was sitting in his chair, sipping at his coffee as your mother moved about the kitchen making breakfast. You sat down across from your dad, his coffee being set down as he looked over at you. "How are you feeling," he asked.

"I'm okay," you nodded. He nodded with you as your mother came over to him with a plate. She smiled sweetly at you, nothing dangling off her shoulder. You stared at the plate that was set in front of you and blinked. It was covered in blood, the sides dripping and then with a wave of your lashes it was a normal plate.

"You were out pretty late last night," your mother chimed in. You looked up at her as she kissed your head. "Were you and James having a good time?"

You shivered at the dream you had, shrugging, "I think so. I don't remember much."

Because you were ecstatic my dear!

You dropped your fork as you jumped, your parents turning to you quickly with worry on their faces. You stared at them and looked back at your plate. "I'm okay. The quiet just," you poked at the food, "Surprised me."

"Quiet," your mother stared at your father in a questioning manner before back at you. "It's quiet?"

You nodded a bit and put your cheek in your hand, "Yeah. It's weird." Your father grinned and stood up, walking over and hugging you.

"It'll be all right," he chuckled.

You sat in school, playing with the page of the textbook as the teacher droned on. A clawed hand placed itself on your paper, drawing your attention up to look into the red eyes with the dials in the center.

How are you feeling my dear? Better?

You stayed still, the color draining from your face.

Don't be like that, my dear! I'm here for you after all!

You trembled, raising your hand and asking to be excused. You stood and walked out of the classroom, stopping just outside the door and looking behind you to see the figure following. You kept walking, shaking as the hallway began to feel darker and darker. The air got muggy and you couldn't stop the smell from fogging your brain. You walked into the bathroom, shaking as the thing moved in front of you.

Dear, you look quite pale! Should you be walking?

The thing's grin looked way too amused, its eyes squinting at you. Your breath hitched with your next words, "What are you?"

What am I? Why I'm hurt! Were you listening to your little toy just a week ago?

You didn't think you could get any whiter. It got closer to your face, trailing a claw down your jawline.

A demon my sweet little human! One you summoned with your little pleas for help.

"I didn't ask-

It was all over your face. Your fear made the air so delightfully filled with fear.

You shivered and covered your mouth, the feeling of James' heart on your tongue, "I-I ate him." The demon's face only filled with more joy.

You were so alive.

"You killed him," you looked up, your heart pounding in your ribcage as he gave a sneering laugh. "You killed him and made me eat his- you made me."