Chapter 13

You stood in the back, watching as the demons associated themselves with each other. The appetizers had been neatly laid out in a buffet style and the singers you managed to book were doing a great job of keeping the energy up. You smiled faintly as the residents of the hotel talked to the guests as well, a bit proud of how it was turning out. The people had slowly started to seat themselves, plates in front of the chairs that slowly filled up. You stayed where you were, going over the list as you flicked an ear. Everything was smooth. That's all you wanted for your first event.

The flowers decorating the table were courtesy of Hell's wildlife. The garlands were more thorns than anything and the reds added that bit to the vintage, human-like design of the decorations. It was like everyone was remembering being human. A lot of people would comment on the different bright colors and the soft, clean look about the room. The dining area had servers walking around with drinks, alcoholic and not. Everyone had seated themselves by now at the tables they had claimed as if they felt the time for the meal come.

Charlie walked up on the stage you had set up, the microphone on as she started to speak into it. You droned it out a bit as you stared at Alastor who was quietly speaking to a woman you hadn't met before. "And I'd especially like to thank one of our workers here at the hotel, (Y/N)," Charlie spoke up and your head whipped to look at her. Your eyes were wide as you felt color come to your face. "Thanks to her this lovely event was possible. On behalf of us here at the Hazbin Hotel, we hope you enjoy it!" The demons clapped as a formality as the food was brought around and served.

You put your head down, going over the list for the hundredth time so that no one would bother to talk to you. There came a small clatter and you jumped when your shoulders were grabbed. You looked up at an ape-like man, his eyes wide as he stared at you and a grin spreading across his face. 

"Holy shit, it is you," he laughed. You frowned at him, trying to move his hands from your shoulders gently. He instead grabbed your wrists and pulling you closer to him. "It's me, James." You froze, your eyes averted from him as you tried to suck in air. "Oh wow, you look amazing babe! I didn't think you'd end up down here! How did you die? What happened after I passed?"

"Let-let go please," you tried to pull your hands free, your fingers starting to shake as you smiled nervously. He only tightened his grip on your hands.

"Is this anything like those things you saw? The color scheme matches you know," he started pulling you to a table with an empty chair next to him. You made eye contact with the others at the table, their eyes narrowed and large, malicious smirks on their faces as they stared. The shaking only got worse as the smile spread across your face. You were forced to sit as you looked everywhere else but at the group.

"I need to get back-get back to work," you laughed nervously, trying to get away from James and the men you had most likely killed.

"I never got to introduce you to my friends when we were alive. It was weird that they showed up not long after I did but hell, I guess they couldn't get away from me," James laughed. You cowered in your seat a bit, biting your lip as your mind screamed at you.

"Hell-hello," you gave a small wave as a plate was set in front of you. You nodded to the server, wanting so badly to grab his wrist and to make a getaway. James couldn't hide his excitement as he put an arm over you.

"This is Jamie, Kevin, Marcus, and Trent," James pointed at each one, most of them having close to the same features as James. Your tails flicked angrily as you kept your eyes on the plate. They had started to eat and have their conversations, your fork only poking at the food in front of you. You wanted Alastor to come to save you from this, to get you out of this situation with James.

"You know, I think my parents went looking for me when I died. My curfew was missed," one of the guys, Trent, teased. His eyes were locked on you. The shaking got violently and extended to your hands. James looked over, the smile only growing larger.

"Were they? How come you didn't just call them," he asked.

"We all tried to use our phones," Kevin sighed. You felt the eyes dig into you and tears pricked at your eyes. "They weren't working. Something jammed the signal."

"I think it was revenge for a trip gone wrong," you lowered your head when Jamie spoke up. This wasn't going to end well. This whole thing was messed up. You felt an ear getting pulled, looking up to Trent as he sneered.

"What's wrong with you? You didn't have anything to do with it did you," he drawled. Marcus only gave a nod, his smile twisting into something sadistic. "Wouldn't happen to know exactly what happened, hm?"

You went to speak, choking on a whimper as James dug his fingers into your shoulder.

"Come on babe, you couldn't have had anything to do with it, could you? You couldn't even stop those illusions you got," James laughed out. You cringed as he continued, "All those twisted, dumb hallucinations you had. They made for good art pieces. It must be nice to be tripping all the time without the help of drugs. Do you still have them here?"

The hand was moved from your shoulder, a softer set settling down and giving a gentle squeeze, "Sugar Lips! Aren't ya supposed to be working?" You looked up at Angel, relief filling your chest a bit as the grip you didn't know had tightened loosened on your clipboard.

"I-I do. I-I was just catching-catching up," you muttered. You stood up quickly, not caring that your knees hit the table when you quickly walked away. You felt their eyes burning into you before their attention was drawn to Angel Dust. You walked out of the room, moving into the kitchen and leaning over the sink as the shaking went up and down your spine.

You knew they would come down here. You knew there was a possibility but you didn't think they'd ever find you. You didn't think they'd show up and all together at that. Your stomach flipped when the door opened, your gaze slowly looking over. James was standing there, the smile less so on his face and an expression of pure hatred in his eyes.

"You did a pretty good job here, (Y/N). I'm surprised these people took in someone as worthless as you. How'd you do it? Threaten to sick your dog on them," he slowly walked over. "That tranny outside talks like you're his friend! Can you imagine? You're so anti-social I didn't think you could make any. Then again, this sick ass hotel does have a couple of freaks here." You flicked your ears, grabbing your tails and digging your claws into them as he pushed to you. Inches of air was the only separation you were granted from the large demon.

"I missed you," James brushed your hair back, slowly trailing his hand down the style Angel had made for you. "I missed that little look you got when you were having your hallucinations. It was, how should I put it," he leaned to you, crouching down slightly and your noses almost touching, "quite a turn on."

You stiffened, stuck between the ape and the sink.

"Now, tell me if this is right," he scraped his knuckles across your jaw, watching the action with a twisted affection. "You were hallucinating when I stuck it in you, weren't you? That mortified look was so hot I couldn't help but just dig into the sweet little cunt of yours even more." You wanted to puke as your stomach clenched tighter. "You were even high and it just made it so much better. You purposely left yourself open, didn't you? Just for me to take you like the little whore you are."

His body moved closer and he pressed against you, his hands holding your head so that you looked right into his eyes. You shifted uncomfortably, something you hoped to be a banana poking at your stomach. "You look just as hot as you did then but why so scared? Huh?"

"I-I didn't-"

"Oh hush," he pressed a thumb to your lips, spreading them and pushing his thumb into your mouth. You couldn't even pull away as he played with your teeth. "You're cuter when you're quiet." There was a sharp pain in your gum as James slid his thumb up a tooth. Your mouth went numb almost immediately and he snickered. "There, much better isn't it?"