Chapter 11

You sat across from Alastor who watched you with a gleam of disappointment in his eyes. No one seemed to catch it as you ate the heart on the plate awkwardly. It didn't taste as good as the demons but you had promised Charlie you'd try the diet out. She had started to talk to you more over the last few days, her life almost giddy when she saw you. "Who gave her that to eat at the table," Alastor hummed out. That smile on Charlie's face brightened at the question and you swallowed the bit in your mouth.

"Well, (Y/N) and I talked and we thought she should try a less," Charlie rolled her wrists, her hands following as if she was flipping through a book to find the word, "Strict diet."

Angel coughed from next to you, eyeing the heart with a grimace, "And that is the option? Doesn't look like much of a change if ya ask me."

"Oh, it's very different," Alastor sang. "After all, cannibalism is quite the diet." The table went quiet, only Husk's utensils moving against his plate. Niffty, Angel, and an angler fish looking demon cringed at Alastor's words.

"Cannibal," Angel cried. He stood up and lifted you with him, holding you close to his chest with his lower arms while he squished your cheeks to the others. "My Sugar Lips isn't such a beast! You all are insane!"

"Angel," you patted his arm, "I ate people before I died." He made you look at him and rubbed his nose into yours.

"You don't have to lie, Sugar Lips," he cooed. You frowned a bit and Alastor laughed quietly as you started to fidget.

"Angel," you whined. Charlie laughed and Vaggie sighed.

"We're going to try and see how this works out," Charlie smiled.

"Well, I'll have to watch won't I," Alastor snickered. You were set down and you shifted, staring at the heart as they all went back to eating and having side conversations. Alastor leaned over slightly, the smirk on his face wide. "So you've made friends, darling?"

You looked up at him, smiling a bit and nodded, your tails flicking and sliding around his ankles, "Yeah." He flinched slightly but didn't move otherwise.

"I'm glad, my dear," he chuckled. He stared at the heart and squinted at it a bit. "Does that taste good?"

"Not as good as what we," you shifted a bit, feeling your face heat up a bit, "Not as good as what I normally eat." He hummed a bit, reaching over with a fork before stopping and staring.

"Might I have some," he asked. You stared and perked up, taking his fork and cutting him a slice, holding it to him. He leaned over and closed his mouth over the slice, pulling away and chewing almost thoughtfully. YOu swear your face was whatever color your blood was as you watched him eagerly.

"You're right, my dear. It's not as good as what we normally eat," he chuckled. "It isn't so bad either though." You nodded a bit and bounced, putting his fork on his plate before going back to eating the heart. Your eyes caught Angel's as he grinned at you coyly.

"Oh (Y/N)," he sang out. You covered your face, your tails swaying quickly behind you. "I see that you sly little fucker."

"See what, Angel," Alastor chimed in, "We were just testing it out, right dear?" Alastor chuckled and smiled down at you.

You whined and nodded a bit, "Yes-yes! That's all!"

"Mhm," Angel snickered. He nudged your arm gently with a laugh.

You stopped midsentence as you stared off to the side. A large figure was walking straight up to you and you followed where its head would be. Charlie stared at you for a moment before gently taking your hand. You had agreed to talk to her about things as they came to you; mostly the things that had seemed to eat you alive. She was way more patient with you than you originally thought and it was comforting. She followed your gaze, her eyes red and her horns showing slightly. The figure focused and you flinched at your father.