Chapter 25

Alastor and you sat on one couch, your parents on the other. They stared at the two of you in shock. You trembled a bit, Alastor taking your hand. They were terrified and you felt bad. You purled your tails around your legs as your mother stared. Your father was looking down at the ground, his hands together in his lap. "Honey, we're humoring them too much," he growled out. You jerked a bit, shaking and covering your face. 

"Why aren't you just aggressive," Alastor sniffed. "Can you perhaps tone it down. We are just here so that she can ask your forgiveness in her secrecy. I told her she should get you two involved but she didn't want to upset you." You stared at Alastor. He was lying, blatantly lying. You rubbed your face as your tail wrapped around his ankle. You tightened it in a warning and he chuckled.

"What he means is that I wanted to say that something was bothering me and I let it escalate," you muttered. The two stared and your father stood up, fury on his face.

"Escalate," he yelled. "You were eating people! Eating them, (Y/N)!" You flinched and looked down, Alastor's grin widening just a smidge.

"Now, hold on there," he motioned back to the couch your father was sitting on. "I'm sure you're aware that close to her death her hallucinations were getting better, weren't they old chap?"

"She-she did say it was quieter," your mother chimed. Your father looked at her in shock and disbelief.

"You're choosing these demons' sides," he snapped.

You launched to your feet, "Stop it. That's not fair. You summoned me first and she's just trying to talk to me. To hear me out. Don't you want to know why I did it?" Your glare pierced into your father's eyes as he looked back at you.

"You're not my daughter. She wasn't disgusting and vile," he growled quietly. Your eyes widened and Alastor stood up.

"Well, I'm starved," Alastor sang. He smiled broadly, the corners of his eyes pinched and the red radiating as he seemed to flit in and out of reality. "We'll be taking our leave. So good to meet the Mister and Misses." He pulled you to your feet and snapped his fingers, your feet losing touch with the ground and hell appearing back around the two of you. He stared at you, holding your hand tightly in his.

You rubbed your eyes, the tears feeling like they could drown you at any moment. That wasn't something you expected nor wanted. Alastor sucked in a bit of air, leaning down and kissing your head, "No need to shed tears over those coming to hell, darling. They just don't become you."

Husk had his cards out for you to see while he played against Angel. They had ended up at the table again when the hotel hit a slow day, Husk smirking at the chips between the two demons. You sipped at the tea in your hands, watching and your ears flicking. You couldn't understand the game still so watching was the next best thing. You tapped at the board in your hand, the piece of flimsy wood covered in ideas you had written down and repeatedly crossed off.

You jumped when Husk let out a loud laugh, pulling the chips his way, "I win."

"Fucking damn it," Angel whined. He huffed and crossed his arms before staring at you. "Why don't you play, Sugar Lips?"

You stared at him and shook your head, giving a small shrug, "Just don't understand it." You stared back at your clipboard and blinked. "Husk? How many people play?"

"Why the fuck do you need to know," he trailed off, staring at your hands. "Plenty enough. A lot of them are shit at it."

"That doesn't matter," you got up and bounced, "If you're playing too they'll keep coming back to win their money."