Chapter 20

Alastor made it a point not to leave you alone, even asking Angel to take you with him on his outings occasionally. Angel was doing just that now, staring at you with a raised brow as he studied your face. He had been doing your makeup for an hour now and nothing seemed to be satisfying him. "Damn it," he whined. You laughed nervously and shifted, adjusting your legs from under you. "Why's your face so hard to mess with?"

You shrugged, "Why not just put eyeliner on and call it good?"

"Because that's not how this works," he muttered. He stared and started to do your hair, smirking. "I do have an outfit though. You're going to make them kneel."

"I can already do that," you shifted a bit and looked up at him. He put your head back with a roll of his eyes, walking to the door when there came a knock.

"Hey! I heard you guys were going out on a," you turned to look at James who had a small smile on his face, "girls night? Something like that." 

"Yeah, so that means no guys," Angel snorted. He glared at James a bit who laughed nervously. Angel's lower arms were on his hips and his upper arms had crossed. James rubbed the back of his neck and looked in at you.

"You wouldn't mind, would you," he sounded more matter-of-fact than anything. Angel looked over at you, the scowl on his face deepening before he shoved James back and stepped out of his room. The door shut behind him and it was a moment before you stood. You grabbed the clothes Angel had picked and put them on. You stared at the tight skirt and the loose top, the top showing enough of your chest to make you want an undershirt on. Angel came back in, looking exasperated as James followed.

Angel gave a small squeal and hugged you tightly, "You look even better than I thought Sugar Lips!"

You covered your face and whined.

"Oh wow, you never used to wear this stuff," James stared from a bit behind Angel.

"She didn't," Angel blinked and stared at James before frowning. "How do you know Sugar Lips?"

"Ex," you mumbled. Angel placed you down and raised an eyebrow.

"Oh I have to hear this shit," he sniffed. You wrapped your arms around yourself as Angel started to continue the makeup.

"What's there to tell? Something killed me the night we first had sex," James shrugged. Angel's face became a little sad and you jerked a bit.

"You fail to mention that you drugged me," you growled out. Angel blinked and slowly moved away as your figure grew in the seat. Hunger scratched at your throat and began to squeeze your stomach in on itself. "You fail to mention that I didn't tell you 'yes' and it was Alastor that got you off of me." Angel stared at you for a bit before backing up and sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Hey, Sugar Lips? You need to calm down," Angel stared at James and frowned. "You should leave, bucko."

You hadn't calmed down and Angel didn't let you stay in the hotel. He moved you out with him and kept his arm hooked in yours the whole way to the club. You didn't know what you looked like but you were equal to his height and your back was heavy. "So," his voice trailed off awkwardly and you looked over at him as he motioned at you, "You going to calm your tits or are we going to have to get you drunk?"

"I'm perfectly fine," you huffed. He scowled and poked my nose, sighing.

"You're mad," he waved his upper arms as his lower arms were held open to you. "This is visual fucking proof, Sugar Lips. What happened besides him raping you?"

"Can you not be so loud," you growled out. Your eyes widened a bit and you shifted, looking down. "Sorry," you muttered.

"No. No, no, no," he sniffed. He led you into the club and sat the two of you down at a bar, ordering two drinks with a wink to the bartender. "I have to know now. You tore the damn outfit with those wings of yours. You're not getting your sugar lipped ass out of this one."

You stared at the drink as it was set in front of you without answering, shirking away a bit. You had never had anything like this. You were always afraid it would trigger an episode you'd never live down or recover from. The fruity looking drink was pretty and pink, orange used to garnish the side.

He sighed and started drinking from his own, another being slid to him with a smirk from the tender, "James doesn't seem like a bad guy. He even fucking told us when your birthday was and helped Charlie pick out those damned presents."

"He gave me a doll made from demon flesh," you snorted. He stared at you as you got the courage to drink, guzzling the glass down and setting it on the table gently. "His heart was the first one I ate and I'm going to enjoy eating it again." Angel stared and tapped his new drink on the counter as your head got a bit fuzzy. It felt nice and you slowly started relaxing muscles you didn't know you had.

"So he gave you a creepy doll? The fuck is that supposed to imply? It's not as twisted as you, well, you eating his damn heart out" Angel snorted, laughing at his small joke. "I get shit like that all the time from past customers and then some!" You waved the bartender down and asked him for another drink.

"Anatomically correct," you looked over at the spider, his size slowly growing larger than yours, "A replica of one of my hallucinations when I was alive."

He watched as you put the other drink down, turning in his seat to rest on his lower arms with the counter, "I think he still likes you. Even if he lets you know the shit weirdly."

"Yeah? Too bad I'm more interested in Al," you let yourself give a small laugh and Angel joined you.

"The Strawberry Pimp has your eye? Seriously," he asked and patted your back. You pouted playfully and pushed him lightly, sliding in your chair a bit. A drink was placed in front of you different from what you had before and you blinked at it, the bartender pointing down the bar subtly to a small group of demons. "I think you got an admirer," Angel sang.

You stared at the drink and bit your lip, your head getting fuzzier form the last one, "Al saved me you know. He's the one that's made me comfortable." Angel snickered and stood up as you took the drink and let it flow down your throat.

"That's the Sugar Lips I know," he snickered. He grabbed your hand and started for a large crowd of demons. "Dance with me, toots. You need to sober up before another one!" You obliged, grinning from ear to ear and giggling. You felt awkward with how they were all dancing but you soon got into the swing of it, dancing about happily to music you had never heard before. Your tails that had hung close to you were grabbed and you were pulled into dancing with a demon, his breath reeking of alcohol.

You stared up at him, your ears going back as his hands placed themselves on your hips. Your tails acted out with the tumult of your emotions, wrapping around his wrists and moving them over his head. Angel was between you to before your hand instinctively reached out and he laughed. Your tails released as you were spun away from the guy, Angel staying with you and still dancing. "There you go," he laughed. You smiled at him and hugged him tightly, giggling.

You had somehow gotten separated from him just a few minutes later and headed back for the bar. You stared at the menu, unable to name any of the drinks and therefore just pointing as the bartender started to mix. You watched and tilted your head, your tails reaching over and gently taking the mixer. The demon watched as your tails flipped the mixer around, shaking it and a smirk came to their face.

"Pretty good," he laughed, "How about this one though?" He took it and slipped a different drink into the mixer after pouring yours. You watched and bounced a bit, your ears perking as you sipped at the one you had. Angel was walking over only minutes later, blinking at the display of drinks around you and the tender. He sat and watched, laughing and clapping as your tails mocked the bartender's movements. At some point, he had handed you another mixer and was showing you different cocktails.

You had no recollection of walking back to the hotel leaning on Angel, nor the memory of waltzing into Alastor's room and lying on his bed still dressed. You didn't care really. You had fun and that was something you didn't think you'd ever do. Maybe you could show Husk a few of the cocktails in the morning. You were barely asleep when the door opened and someone walked in, moving your hair from your face and kissing your nose.