Chapter 8

After the two sisters broke apart, Laurel smiled at her sister.

"Sara, there's someone I want you to meet." Laurel said, tears of joy still fresh in her eyes at having her little sister.

"Who?" Sara asked as Laurel led her out of the living room, with both Oliver and Quentin, neither of whom wanted to let Sara out of their sight, though for different reasons, followed them upstairs to a spare bedroom, which Laurel opened the door to.

"Hey Laurel, is Ollie okay." Thea asked her.

"Yeah, but that's not why we're here. Your family wasn't the only one who got a miracle." Laurel said with a tearful smile as she moved out of the way so Sara could enter the room.

"Oh my god." Thea said as she got up to see Sara.

"Hey Speedy." Sara said.

"Sara, I can't believe this." Thea said with a grin as she hugged the woman that she knew would one day be her sister-in-law, but already considered to be her sister.

"I've been getting that a lot lately." Sara said with a smile, since if what her memories from her counterpart's life, she and Thea had grown closer after the Gambit went down, since Sara had actually been the one to comfort Thea, since everyone else, Moira, Laurel, Tommy, they'd all been grieving in their own way.

While neither of them had felt romantic feelings towards each other, they'd grown closer like actual sisters. That had made the pain of losing Sara that much harder for Thea and that was when she'd started turning towards drugs and other ways to relieve her pain.

"I missed you so much Sara." Thea cried as she had a similar reaction to seeing Sara as her father and sister had.

"I missed you to Thea." Sara said.

"Mommy, who is this lady?" William asked, confused on why his aunt had stopped playing with him and now crying and hugging this strange lady.

"William, this is your Aunt Sara." Laurel said and Sara had to admit, she was surprised to find out that in this reality, William was Oliver's son with Laurel. That was something she'd need to talk to him about in private, since she needed to make sure that she knew Ollie's intentions, otherwise she'd killed him herself, since while she loved Oliver like a brother, her sister came first.

"Are you like my aunt Thea?" William asked and Sara smiled.

"Not exactly. Your Aunt Thea is your daddy's sister. I'm your mommy's sister." Sara said with a smile.

"Were you gone like daddy?" William asked.

"Not exactly. It's complicated." Sara said.

"Well, where have you been?" Quentin asked.

"Dad, it's still fresh. I promise, I'll tell you everything, just not tonight." Sara and Oliver could tell that she didn't want him to know that she had been an assassin.

"Sara, can I talk to you in private for a moment. Castaway to castaway?" Oliver asked Sara nodded, having a feeling she knew what this conversation was about.

"Yeah sure." Sara said as they walked out of the room.

"Aren't you going to spy on them?" Thea asked Laurel.

"Ollie and Sara wouldn't do that to me." Laurel said and Thea nodded.

"So, what did you want to talk to me about?" Sara asked when she and Oliver entered an empty room in the mansion.

"When will the league start trying to draw you out?" Oliver asked.

"They won't. I got Ra's to release me." Sara said and Oliver was impressed.

"How'd you pull that off?" Oliver asked.

"I killed Damien Darhk." Sara said.

"I wanted to be the one to do that." Oliver said.

"You already got your chance, it was my turn." Sara said and Oliver nodded.

"Sara, you can tell Laurel and Thea the truth about where you were." Oliver said.

"What, why?" Sara asked.

"They're trying to become vigilantes. I could use your help training them." Oliver said.

"Ollie, I don't want them to think of me as a monster." Sara said.

"I told them what I did in Hong Kong and Russia and they don't see me as a monster. Just trust them." Oliver said.

"Well, if Laurel is going to get back in the game, I do want to make sure she can handle it. Fine. Speaking of Laurel, what exactly are your intentions with my sister?" Sara asked.

"Sara, you know me well enough to know that I never truly moved on from Laurel." Oliver said.

"Well you had a funny way of showing it, moving on with Felicity." Sara said.

"That was because of what Laurel wanted." Oliver said.

"What?" Sara asked.

"Remember how I told you it didn't work when he tried, well that's because she felt that us being together would dishonor Tommy's memory. I moved on because I was trying to respect her wishes, regardless of whether or not I wanted to." Oliver said.

"And Felicity?" Sara asked.

"I never lied about how I felt about her Sara, but she was always my second choice. I think that's why we had so many rough patches, I think deep down, we both knew that there was someone else I loved more than her." Oliver explained.

"So what you're saying is that Crisis did you a favor in sparing you and Felicity a divorce." Sara said with a smile.

"Something like that. But Sara, I'm not going to make the same mistakes with Laurel I did before. After she died, it felt like I lost a part of myself, we all did. I'm not losing her again." Oliver said and Sara nodded with a smile.

"I just needed to be sure." Sara said.

"And now?" Oliver asked.

"And now I know." Sara said.

"Now let's go rejoin the others." Oliver said and Sara nodded her agreement.