Chapter 9

About a week after the kidnapping and Sara's return, a lot had happened, including Sara telling Laurel and Thea the truth about where she'd been, at least, about the League and while they'd been shocked about it at first, they came to realize the same thing about Sara that they had about Oliver. She wasn't a monster, she was just a person doing what she had to in order to stay alive.

Anyways, the kidnapping had once again forced Oliver to speed up his plans, though this time, he had Sara to help him set up the foundry.

"You know, I kind of thought you'd want to go straight for a bunker instead of a foundry. Especially since there's four of us now instead of just you." Sara said.

"Well for one thing, you're only sticking around until the Legends recruit you right?" Oliver asked.

"Yep. Star City is your turf. Mine is the timeline." Sara said and Oliver nodded.

"Agreed. And also, right now I don't have access to Cisco to build the bunker, so the foundry will have to do." Oliver said.

"Fair enough. But I am planning on heading Central City after our welcome home party to visit my mom, since it seems like no matter what universe it is, she has a tendency to run out on her family when the going gets tough." Sara said bitterly.

"Where do you think you got it from." Oliver said before he could stop himself.

"Excuse me?" Sara asked.

"Sara, before you joined the Legends, you always seemed to prefer running when the going got tough. You did with Slade, after you came back to life, you always ran. It took you time to figure out that you don't need to do it alone." Oliver reminded her.

"I know, but it's not something I like to be reminded of." Sara reminded him.

"We've both tried to do the alone thing before. It never ended well. I can't believe I'm going to quote Malcolm Merlyn, but he was right about one thing." Oliver said.

"Really, what?" Sara asked.

"Human connections are what make us human. They're what remind us of what we're fighting for. They keep us human." Oliver said.

"I guess for a sociopath, he can give good advice on occasion." Sara said.

"Anyways, you said you're going to Central City?" Oliver asked.

"Yeah, you and Laurel should come to, I'm sure my mom would love to see William again and we can talk to Barry about maybe upgrading the Arrowcave and our suits." Sara said.

"You said that just to annoy me." Oliver said, since Sara was well aware that he hated it when people called the base the Arrowcave.

"Of course I did. You know I live to annoy you." Sara said smugly and Oliver rolled his eyes.

"Why do you think I chose your sister?" Oliver asked.

"Because you got her pregnant in this reality." Sara said cheekily as they finished getting it set up.

"Okay, I have to admit, Felicity may have been a control freak when it comes to tech, but this place looked a lot more impressive after she decked it out." Sara since right now, the foundry was a more rudimentary base.

"I need to make sure I can trust her again in this reality. Same thing with John." Oliver said.

"You and I both already know that you can trust John with your life. You two were brothers in all but blood. Hell he was willing to make a trip to purgatory for you." Sara said.

"I remember. He's the only reason I'm here right now. He and Mia brought my soul back after I died. I trust him with my life, he's my brother in the same way Thea is my sister. But this John Diggle doesn't have the same memories, the same loyalty to me yet." Oliver said.

"Yet being the keyword. You appeal to him as a soldier, since if I remember correctly, in both realities, you've performed actions that if they weren't off the books, you'd have several medals right now. He'll respect that." Sara said.

"I know. But first I need to convince my mom that John is the one to hire as my bodyguard." Oliver said.

"Speaking of Mia, how do you feel about not being with her mother in this reality?" Sara asked.

"I loved Mia, but I also loved the old version of William. That love doesn't go away, it's just taken a back seat to the love I feel for this new William. You, me, Barry, Kara, Kate, we all have to move forward and adapt to this new reality and not spend time mourning for those we've lost, especially when we've gotten them back." Oliver said.

"I understand that, but you're the only one of us who was a parent." Sara said.

"And I still am one. And who knows, maybe someday, Laurel and I will bring a new version of Mia into the world. Though hopefully I'll be able to keep her and her brother out of this world." Oliver said and Sara looked at him skeptically.

"You really think that? Those kids will not only have the blood of the Green Arrow and Black Canary in their veins, but the blood of Oliver Queen and Laurel Lance, two people who care more about this city than anyone else. Any kids you have, they're destined to be heroes. Just like their parents." Sara said.

"You know one thing you and Laurel have in common?" Oliver asked.

"What?" Sara asked, since there were several similarities.

"I hate it when both of you are right sometimes." Oliver said and Sara laughed as she pulled out a paint sprayer.

"What's that?" Oliver asked.

"I have one more modification to make to my league gear since while black is nice, white was always more my color." Sara said as she began spraying white paint onto her suit.

"You sure about that?" Oliver asked.

"Black Canary is Laurel's mantle, her legacy. For me, it's the worst version of myself. Just like that suit, the Hood, is the worst version of yourself." Sara said, referring to the Hood suit in the display case next to her suit and Oliver nodded.

"I get that." Oliver said.

"But we really need to talk to Cisco about getting our newer suits back." Sara said.

"On that we agree. But for now, let's focus on what's going on in Star City. Specifically the fact that we have a party to get to tonight." Oliver said and Sara nodded as they headed out, intending on showing their siblings this temporary base after they got new suits for all of them.