Chapter 12

Hard to believe that Arrow has finally come to an end. I can't wait to see what's next for the Arrowverse, especially after the new storylines the finale left us with, such as with the new arrow spinoff in the future and it looks like John will become a Green Lantern. By the way, since I know someone is going to ask, I have not decided if he will become one in this story yet, I'm waiting until the actual show premieres, whenever it does. I just hope I continue to do Arrow justice with my writing now that it's over. And now on with the story.

"What the?" the Dark Archer asked when two vigilantes were standing exactly where Oliver Queen and Sara Lance had been standing were now walking towards him, weapons out.

"What, can't handle someone who fights back?" Green Arrow barked.

"I don't know who you are or how you got here, but it won't matter." the assassin said as he notched an arrow, but before he could fire it, White Canary tossed a throwing star to knock the arrow away.

"Do you really need to hide behind the safety of distance?" White Canary asked.

"Of course not." Dark Archer said as he put away his bow and unsheathed his sword.

"Let's do this." Green Arrow said as they rushed towards each other, Green Arrow using his bow to counter Dark Archer's blade perfectly while White Canary used Archer's distraction to attack him with her batons.

"You're outnumbered and outmatched. Make it easy on yourself and give up now." White Canary said.

"Are you sure about that?" Dark Archer asked as suddenly, the windows shattered and three more assassins entered the building, all of them dressed liked the dark archer.

"Well, this is new." Green Arrow said.

"Yeah, since when is there more than one Dark Archer?" White Canary asked.

"I don't know, but things have clearly changed in this timeline. We have to adapt." Green Arrow said and White Canary nodded.

"Still, you think these guys realize they're outmatched?" White Canary asked and Green Arrow smirked.

"I think they're about to." Green Arrow agreed as they started to fight, the two of them easily taking out the assassins.

"That was fun." White Canary said as they looked down at the criminals they'd just taken down.

"We need to see if any of these guys are Malcolm." Green Arrow said and White Canary nodded as they moved to remove all their hoods, only to find complete strangers.

"Shit." Green Arrow said when he recognized the gear.

"What, you recognize them?" White Canary asked.

"Not them, their gear. This is the Thanatos Guild. Malcolm set it up early." Green Arrow said as they heard sirens.

"I think that's our cue." White Canary said and Green Arrow nodded as he fired a cable arrow to the roof and White Canary wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Careful, your sister might get jealous." Green Arrow said.

"Really, since when do you make jokes. Just get us out of here." White Canary said as Green Arrow nodded and they zipped out of the room, right as the police burst in.

When Oliver and Sara re entered the venue back in their normal attire, they found Quentin and the other officers taking the assassins into custody and talking to people.

"Oh thank god." Quentin said as he hugged his daughter when he saw her.

"Hey, I'm okay." Sara promised as she let her father hug her regardless.

"Are you okay sir?" Dig asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I found another way out on the other side of the building. Just had a hard time getting there without getting killed." Oliver explained and John nodded, accepting that answer.

"Ollie." Laurel said as she hugged him.

"I'm okay Laurel." Oliver promised her.

"What happened?" Quentin now asked.

"We were enjoying the party when suddenly one of those nut cases burst in. Sara and I dove for cover while I made John get Laurel out first." Oliver said.

"He tried to get me to go with him to, but I wasn't leaving until everyone else had." Sara said.

"Next time, you get yourself out first." Quentin said.

"Okay dad, I promise." Sara said as her father released her, only for her sister to hug her instead.

"Thank god. I thought I might've lost you again." Laurel said.

"You'll lose me Laurel. Even if I sometimes leave, I'm always going to find my way home." Sara said and Laurel smiled as she hugged her sister again.

"Any idea who those guys are?" Oliver asked Quentin.

"No clue. Mercs by the looks of it, but why they'd crash your homecoming is beyond us." Quentin said.

"And I'm guessing they are not talking." Sara said.

"Don't worry, we'll get to the bottom of this, I promise. But did either of you see anything that could help us figure out who kicked their asses?" Quentin asked.

"New vigilantes. There was an archer wearing a green hood and a woman in white." Oliver said.

"Great, more vigilantes." Quentin said and Oliver and Sara both rolled their eyes, since it would take awhile to get Quentin to change his views on that.

Later on that night, Oliver and Sara were regrouping in the foundry.

"This complicates things." Sara said.

"No kidding. I was counting on facing Malcolm one on one. Him actually creating the Thanatos Guild this early complicates things. I can't fight an entire League knock off myself, since you could get recruited by the Legends any minute and there isn't time for me to retrain Laurel and Thea so that they know everything they need to or to get John and Felicity or anyone else to trust me enough." Oliver said.

"What are you talking about, we still have a year before Malcolm detonates the device." Sara said.

"We don't know that. For all we know, the timetable of the Undertaking could've been accelerated." Oliver said.

"Sounds like the only way to assemble your team fast enough would be to make them remember their old lives." Sara said.

"Yeah, but since I doubt that can happen any time soon, I need to start thinking of other contingencies." Oliver said.

"Like what?" Sara asked.

"Laurel, I can work with here, since from what I've seen, it's clear she's gotten some training in the past, but Thea, she's nowhere near prepared physically or mentally. She needs a real teacher. One who can focus solely on her." Oliver said as he got an idea.

"Okay, but who?" Sara asked.

"Talia. She taught me a lot of what I know, she can do the same for Thea. As much as I'd like to keep Thea way from this world, we both know that she's already committed to fighting for it." Oliver said and Sara nodded.

"You think Talia would do that?" Sara asked.

"I'm sure I can work something out with her. In the meantime, we should also see if there's any way of waking our other teammates up." Oliver said and Sara nodded in agreement.

"I'll call Barry, see if he has any ideas on where to start." Sara said.