Prologue

My name is Elizabeth Cordohla, and I am a transfer student from America, studying abroad in Japan. I've really fallen in love with Japanese culture, especially the games.

My favorite game is an Otome game that came out recently called Starfall. It had a good name, and the storyline was great. Although I did feel bad for the villainess, Sophia Bella Donna Barthol.

When I finished the last capture targets route, I was given a little side story explaining why the villainess acted the way she did. It felt odd that they didn't do it at the beginning of the game, but I was still happy to finally learn more about her. Her story was so sad, she was abused by her family, and even poisoned by them multiple times. Before she dies at the end of a route, she always takes her revenge, slaughtering her entire family, and even their servants.

After learning about her past, I felt nothing but pity for the villainess. She had a bad life, and had no outlet to channel her feelings. She didn't even have a friend to spend time with, so she would mess with the Heroine as a way to vent her feelings.

However, I guess she should have expected things to end badly, she apparently didn't start acting like a bitch until she realized she was rich enough to have anything she wanted.

Her family grew sick of her attitude, and locked her in their dungeon until she was old enough to go to school. During the time before school, her brother would come down and beat her, whereas her mother would mix poison into her food. The poison wasn't lethal, but it kept her body weak and she was in a bit of pain.

She didn't even know what her magic type was, because she was never allowed to leave her home and attend the ceremony to check.

To be honest it made me dislike the game developers for making her life so horrible. However, I am still happy that I completely finished the game.

Sadly, I was so happy about the game being completed that I didn't even notice the truck driver asleep at the wheel. Before I knew what happened, my body was already being slammed against a wall, and the building collapsing on top of me. The pain was intense, and I died almost immediately after.

At least...I thought I died.

Before I knew it, I had woken up in a rather large bed, looking at an unfamiliar ceiling. I tried sitting up, but when I did, a sharp pain shot through my skull and I had no choice but to lie back down. I wanted to call out to someone, to see if I could get some help...but nothing came out of my mouth.

Could it be that the accident actually affected me by destroying my ability to speak?

....

Wait...

What accident was I thinking about? Why can't I remember it? Actually, now that think about it, I can't remember anything.

Who...am I?