Chapter 10

Turns out the building I was heading to after my exams, was in fact the dorm room...only it was the dorm room for male students. I almost encountered the prince, my fiance, while I was near the building, so I had to do my best to avoid being spotted by him, without looking weird to people who are nearby.

I ended up spending 30 minutes trying to find the dorm building for female students, and when I did...I noticed the heroine going in ahead of me. It seems she hadn't noticed me yet, which is nice since I get the feeling that she is just a complete bitch when nobody's looking. 

When she walked in front door of the building, I chose to wait a few minutes before following after, and just enjoy the scenery. This really goes to show that I don't want to have anything to do with the Heroine or her little harem. I've even done my best to make sure that the prince sees me as nothing more than a friend, I think it might be working as well since he hasn't tried anything yet. Hopefully that means our engagement will be annulled soon. The heroine can have all the capture targets for all I care, let her deal with them all.

As long as my family and I don't get dragged into the mess, then I don't care what happens.

I think I've waited long enough, so I decide to finally enter the girls dorm.

"Hello my name is Lindsey, and I am the dorm mother of this building. Can I get your name please?" (Lindsey)

[Sophia Bella Donna Barthol. I'm mute, so I apologize for not speaking out loud.]

"It's fine sweetie. Ah, here you are! You're in room 208, I hope you enjoy your stay at the dorm." (Lindsey)

I nod and take the key that she handed to me,making my way upstairs to find my room. It didn't take long though, since it was one of the first few rooms on the floor.

Walking inside, it reminded me of a normal bedroom...normal in my old life that is. The space was as big as a normal bedroom for a family with an average income. There was a bed, a desk, a wardrobe, a rather large window, and a door that led to a nice comfortable bathroom. Now if only I had a phone and internet.

That's the sad thing about this world, they advanced far enough for cars, and landline phones. Although they all operate through magic, it still sucks that they haven't got the internet here, or mobile phones.

However, after I spent some time in this world, I got used to not having a smartphone, or the internet...but I do still miss them both.
______________

Making my way to the area where we tested our magic and weapon combat, I was curious to see what my test results were.

When I arrived at the crowd of people that were eager to see their results, I almost felt like waiting to check later, but when people started spotting me...they started clearing a path to the board for me.

I thought it was strange...until I got up to the board, and saw the results. My name was at the top of the list, with perfect scores, and I was placed in the S class.

"Did as I expected you would Sophia." (Baralles)

Ugh, I know that voice. Turning around, I see that it's my fiance.

[I did train and study hard, your highness]

"C'mon we're close friends aren't we? When will you call me by my name?" (Barelles)

[I've told you what you need to do for that to happen...your highness.]

"Yes yes I know...annul our engagement. I just can't understand why you would rather not marry into the royal family." (Barelles)

[As I've stated before....I want to marry because I love the person...I see you as a friend, but I'm not in love with you.]

"*Sigh* I've spent six years trying to woo you, but I guess it hasn't worked...Very well, you win. I'll talk to father about this. However, you can assume that as of this moment, by the name of Barelles Fell Wesker Oldine, our engagement is now annulled." (Barelles)

[Thank you for understanding. I hope we can continue to be friends.]

"Of course. Why wouldn't I wanna be friends with you? We almost basically grew up together." (Barelles)

Finally! I'm free! Now I just need to be careful these next four years so I don't get caught up in any trouble. Plus, I can marry whoever I want now. Although, to the public, we are still considered as being engaged.

[I need to go find my classroom and meet my new teacher. So I'll have to excuse myself Barelles. I'll see you later.]

"We're in the same class it seems, so I'll accompany you...as a friend of course." (Barelles)

I accept his offer, to walk together to class. However, before we could get going, little miss heroine decides to walk up and trip on nothing into Barelles arms. To be honest, it was really funny to watch her 'superior' acting skills in play here as she glared at me when the prince wasn't looking.

"Ahhh! M-my apologies y-you're highness!" (Heroine)

"It's fine...accidents happen." (Barelles)

I smirk at him and send him a little wink as I leave him alone to deal with the little heroine. She can have him, I'm not going to fight back. As long as she leaves me alone when I do find a guy I've fallen in love with, then I won't have any problems with her.