Chapter 5

"Alright, next up is Sophia Bella Donna Barthol." (Jeremiah)

It's finally my turn to unseal my magic types.

I stepped up to the altar with the large crystal ball resting on top of it. I felt very nervous about it all, since I have never been able to use any type of magic.

During this time I thought back to the book I read that said I could learn my magic type by practicing the spells...perhaps there was a part I missed somewhere, or maybe the book itself was wrong. But if it's wrong, then why did my family own it?

Before I knew it, I was in front of the altar and my hand was reaching for the orb. I emptied all thoughts from my mind except my name.

When my hand landed on the orb, it started to glow. Slowly rising from a dim light, to something blindingly bright. I had to put my free hand over my closed eyes because of how bright it was.
_______________

When I uncovered my eyes, I found myself in a large empty white space. It was barren, but felt familiar for some reason.

"Well it should feel that way, you were here before after all." (Man)

Huh? Who's there?

"Ahhh you don't remember me do you? Well that was part of the deal that you made." (???)

A deal? What deal is this disembodied voice talking about?

"Well...I suppose it's about time. You said you would go without your memories until you reach the age of 8. However, it seems you were able to gain a bit of your personality after suffering your head trauma." (???)

With that, he started to talk to me about my life, and oddly enough...whenever he spoke, I kept remembering more and more things. Everything except the time I met him though.

So wait...why can't I remember the time I met you?

"That was one part of the deal. You didn't want to know what you selected as a gift to be reborn with, so you asked not to remember our encounter. However, with your memories slowly recovering like they were before, I assume you'll eventually remember." (???)

Alright...then what do I call you?

"You may call me Igothar." (??? -> Igothar)

I see...will we meet again Igo?

"I-Igo?" (Igothar)

It's just a nickname I thought of right now.

"...." (Igothar -> Igo)

Do you dislike it?

"...it's just that you said the same thing when we met the first time...Very well, you can call me that if you wish." (Igo)

Yay....so...WILL we meet again?

"It's possible...if you die we won't, but if you keep progressing like you are...then I predict your chances of coming here again will rise." (Igo)

Alright....so...how do I go back? Also, is there something you can do about my voice?

"You'll go back in a moment after the timer has run out...and don't think I haven't noticed you training your Mana while you were here, you should stop doing it now because if you circulate too much of the Divine realms energy into your pool, you'll never be able to return." (Igo)

Oh, fuck. I'm disappointed that he caught me, but after that explanation I immediately stopped my mana training. After all, I'd like to finish my life as the villainess of my favorite otome game Starfall.

"Oh! Looks like your time is up...by the way, I can't interfere with you any more than returning your memories, so there's sadly nothing I can do about your voice." (Igo)

I see. So I'll be mute for a while longer...hopefully that doctor was right and the familiar can help me somewhat.
_______________

With our conversation over, the bright light engulfed me once more, and I returned to the ceremony with my hand on the ritual stone.

I'm curious to see what kind of abilities I traded my memories for. First, it flashed an emblem with swords crossing.

"Weapon magic? That's amazing, it's a legendary grade magic!" (Jeremiah)

Wait, it looks like there are more emblems behind it...does that mean it's a list? Ohhhhh I'm so excited to see.

The second emblem appeared next to the first, this one was a shield...a shield? Was that a magic type?

"A shield? That one is unheard of...perhaps it's just been undiscovered because of certain prerequisites. Congratulations Young lady Sophia, you may have an amazing magic type on you." (Jeremiah)

Next was another emblem showing up with the first and second. This one was...a cube frame?

"Another one? Ohhh Space magic as well!?" (Jeremiah)

There were a bunch more emblems that appeared right after. There was a lightning bolt, a snowflake, a flower, a paw print, a whistle, and what looked like an object...falling apart?

*Gasp*

"Eight different affinities! First was Weapon, Space, and the new type...now there's Lightning, Ice, Plant, Taming, and even Summoning!" (Jeremiah)

There were a bunch of gasps in the background. When I turned around, there were a bunch of people who weren't there before.

Who are all these people that have gathered? Are they people who are curious about the power of the Duke's daughter? By the way, I'm still a bit upset that I was reincarnated as the villainess, but there's nothing I can do about it at this point...Besides...it might be fun trying to change the fate of the villainess.

My mother had a look of both shock and happiness. Why is she showing happiness when she had poisoned the villainess in the game? Although that hasn't happened yet, if I kept acting like the villainess until I was 9, then I'd start getting locked away and poisoned.

However, since I suffered brain trauma from my accident, I was able to avoid COMPLETELY ruining the relationship with me and my parents. So now we are on a track for recovery in our relationship, and I lucked out with the incident.

What happened to me? Well I was attacked by some kidnappers, I was struck on the head with a heavy blunt object, but when I was still conscious they tried choking me out. Thankfully someone came by before I was choked to death, however my throat was clawed at as the man was pulled off of me. So, even after healing magic was used, I was still too damaged to use my vocal cords to speak.

...and that's how I was able to luck out of the villainess route.

Now to try and salvage this situation...maybe overload the orb? Yeah, let's overload it's capacity and then the people will think it's faulty.

With my plan in mind, I pour large amounts of Mana into the ritual orb, until the point where it cracks and shatters everywhere.

........

......

...

Not gonna lie...

......I wish I thought the plan through more...

The orb shattered alright, but I ended up getting a bit cut up from the glass flying everywhere.

"Wha....what happened?" (Stranger)

"What? This orb must be faulty...the girl wouldn't even be of this world if the orb shattered in such a way. For now, her seal should be undone, so lets have her practice her magic at home to see what her affinity is. This is just so we can confirm if the emblems that we were shown, are what her affinities truly are." (Jeremiah)

Thank God these people are stupid enough to think that way...although I'm kind of stupid myself.

My hand that was touching the orb got pretty scratched up from the shrapnel of crystal. However, it was only comparable to some scratches, nothing was life threatening.

With this, I was able to trick everyone, and hide my true power...but seriously, can't believe I made myself so OP...I hope Igo wasn't annoyed by my requests. Maybe I'll pray my thanks to him when I get home?