Chapter 7

Well, it seems my engagement with the prince was unavoidable. Plus, if it weren't for the fact that I know how he kills me in the game, then I would have been fine marrying him.

He's really handsome when he grows up. Classic combination of golden yellow hair, and sky blue eyes. Along with his handsome appearance he has a kind personality. However, when you meet him while nobody is around, you learn that he's actually very depressed and lonely.

Being the crown prince makes it hard for him to make friends with others, because most people just want to get close to him because of his position. I wouldn't mind being friends with him, but being engaged to him just makes me feel like I'm closer to my death.

I wasn't sure what else to do to try and get this situation to turn around and have my marriage annulled. So, I gave up and decided to go with it....for now.

If I ever feel like I'm on a path leading to my death, then I can use my power to run away to another kingdom to hide and do mercenary or adventurer work.

-----Hours Later-----

It's a little past midnight now. All the guests have returned to their homes and I said goodbye and goodnight to the royal family. After the royal family left our home I informed my family that I was exhausted and that I'll be going to bed for the night.

"Alright sweetie, sleep well." (Mom)

"Good night, princess." (Dad)

I left my parents in the foyer, and went straight to my bedroom. However, when I entered, I noticed a shadow moving irregularly near the corner of the room.

Luckily, I spent a majority of my time studying as many spells as possible, as well as undergoing weapons training. So, I was able to utilize my newly acquired weapon magic to summon forth a short-sword and, using my special barrier magic, I erected multiple barriers that had surrounded my body to protect my body.

[Who goes there?]

"You have good senses, to be able to sense me young warrior." (???)

A deep male voice filled the air around me. I expected a person to step out from the shadows, but the shadows themselves actually shifted around together to form the shape of a large man in armor, resting a heavy blade on his shoulder. At first I thought he was a dark magic user...but then I realized his body was entirely pitch black like the shadows, and his eyes glowed an eerie red hue.

[What are you?]

"No surprise my kind is unknown to the races...I am called a Shadow Warrior. I have taken an interest in your desire to take up arms, and I wish to serve under you." (Shadow Warrior)

[Serve under me? You mean like a familiar?]

"If that is what the races call it, then yes. However, we creatures that form the pact of a master servant relationship simply call ourselves as a subordinate." (Shadow Warrior)

[Alright...um...if you're going to become my familiar then I'll need to come up with a name for you...right?]

"Of course, please make it a strong name." (Shadow Warrior)

[Since you are a SHADOW Warrior how about........Betzalel? It means 'in God's shadow'.]

"God's shadow? Do you plan to become a god, young warrior?" (Shadow Warrior)

[My goal is to survive. However, if I have to become a god or even if I have to fight the gods to do so, then I will do whatever I need to do.]

"Ha...Haha...HAHAHAHAHAHA! I like your determination!" (Shadow Warrior)

The shadow Warrior placed his blade in front of him, pointed down to the floor. He then grasped the hilt with both hands and kneeled down in front of me.

"I accept the name of Betzalel, and pledge my services to you as my master. Please tell me your name so I may pledge my soul to it." (Shadow Warrior -> Betzalel)

[My name is Sophia Bella Donna Barthol.]

"Milady Sophia...I pledge my heart and soul to serve you as your subordinate and familiar." (Betzalel)

There was a small glimmer of light coming from Betzalel, and when it died down, there was a handsome looking man with black hair, red eyes, dark grey armor, and a great-sword that looked like it weighed twice his own weight, and had a black blade.

To be honest...I was mainly looking at his face. In my defense, he is a very attractive guy. Although, the very next moment there was a burning sensation on my shoulder. When I pulled my shirt to the side to see what was happening, I saw a pattern etching itself to my skin.

When the marking was finished being etched onto my shoulder, there wasn't anything that stood out about it...it just looked like some tribal tattoo. Although inside, the name Betzalel was mixed into the patterns.

"I thank milady for granting me a name, and allowing me to take a more physical form." (Betzalel)

[Yeah...uh...it's no problem.]

"What will be my first task milady?" (Betzalel)

[Well....it's already late at night so....in the morning can you accompany me for my morning training?]

"Understood milady, I will rest in the shadows until you awaken." (Betzalel)

[Goodnight...Betzalel]

Well then, tonight turned out to be pretty stressful, but ended on a nice note. I've gotten my hands on a familiar, and...a rather handsome one at that...I mean, yes I want to annul my marriage with the prince, but I'm still a girl and I do get affected by handsome men. The prince himself is actually quite handsome when he grows up, but because of the majorly cruel and gruesome death for me at the end of his route, I find it quite hard to handle the thought of marrying him.

Lying down on my bed, I think back to Betzalel, and about how I'll be explaining to my mother and father about the new familiar I've acquired. Oh well, I'll just have to cross that bridge tomorrow.