Chapter 6

(A/N: Parts where the MC is talking have been in [brackets], and bold text, and will not be in quotation marks....for now. This will allow you to better understand when she is trying to converse with a character.)

____________________________________________________________

I've finished the ceremony, had my injuries tended to with healing magic, and have been dressed up by the maids, and mother, for my debut banquet. It should have happened sooner, but because of me being in a coma, it was put off for my next birthday.

The banquet started off awkwardly when I was introduced to everyone. Since I couldn't speak, I had to use my 'writing spell' to greet people. I'm just happy that I learned to do it without moving my hands, cause I would have gotten a cramp with all the people that tried speaking to me.

Entertaining guests is exhausting, but luckily I was able to slip away from the party and disappear into the garden. No one knows that I visit the garden from time to time, so I like to use it for when I want to be alone.

The royal family has yet to show up, so I'd like a little break from all the nobles before they do. Especially since my soon to be fiance is the prince......I'd really prefer to never meet him though.

"Huh?" (???)

Oh no! Has somebody found my hiding spot?

"Aren't you the Duke's daughter? Should you really be here and not at your own party?" (???)

I turned to look at the person who found me, and my heart sank. It was the prince.

Out of every one of the capture targets in the game, his route ended the worst for the villainess. Sophia was captured, and framed, for attempting to kill the heroine, tortured for 7 days and 7 nights. Then, when it was time to kill her off, the knights brought her near an Orc Sty and left her tied up in the woods...she was raped continuously, as the Orcs ate her arms and legs until she lost her mind and went insane as the orcs used her for breeding purposes until she couldn't give birth anymore and they ate her flesh while she was still alive.

It was a truly horrific scene that played in the game...and it was all because of the Prince not wanting me to die a quick death.

[Aren't you Prince Barelles? Should YOU really be here instead of at the party?]

"Well...Yes I am the prince, and this is the first time someone has actually talked back to me...aren't you afraid of the repercussions?" (??? -> Barelles)

[Why should I be?]

"Because I'm the crown prince of this entire country." (Barelles)

[So are you saying you'll use your power to make me pay for not bowing down and treating you like you are better than everyone else? If so, then that's pretty small minded.]

I must be crazy...I'm antagonizing the prince who'll brutally kill me in the future. However, if I get him to not like me, then maybe the engagement won't happen.

"Well, no...I wouldn't do something as petty as that...However, I am interested in why you don't treat me that way." (Barelles)

[Well then, if you'll excuse me, I need to return to my party.]

And, without waiting for him to give me a reply, I left the garden and snuck back into the banquet room.

Later in the evening I was introduced to the royal family and gave my greetings to them, and thanked them for attending my debut banquet.

"Interesting, I had heard rumors that the Duke's daughter was a spoiled girl who only cared about herself. I'm happy to learn that they are untrue." (King)

[I'm sorry your highness, but those rumors WERE true. However, after I lost my memories in an incident one year ago, I've learned about how I used to act. After learning, I strove to change myself and do away with those rumors.]

"That must have been hard...waking up without any idea who you are or where you are. I also heard that the accident rendered you unable to speak." (Queen)

[This is true, which is the reason why I use my mana to create these words in the air so that people know what I want to say, and so we don't have to spend large amounts of money for paper and ink.]

"That's very considerate of you young lady...Hey Bracket.....I think I'll accept you offer of having my son be engaged to your daughter. I see now that she is a good child, and has strived to change herself to better than she was in the past." (King)

[Wait what?]

Father is already trying to set me up with the prince!? Ok...It'll be alright...I just need to try and work around this and make sure the engagement doesn't happen...God help me.

[Sire, I don't think that's a good idea.]

"Oh? And why do you say that?" (King)

[Well...I don't believe I am someone suited to be marrying the crown prince. As you know, there are bad rumors about me that still spread because of my past. I believe that if I become engaged to the prince, these rumors may increase, saying that I am using the royal family for my own gain.]

There, I worded it as cleverly as I could. Hopefully he sees the reasoning behind this argument, and doesn't notice that I just don't want to be wed to the prince.

"Is that all? Then it's fine. People of power always have to worry about bad rumors, so I don't think there will be any major problems with it." (Queen)

"That's true...plus I always wanted to be called uncle." (King)

Damnit! I can't avoid this situation...I can't think of a different argument to come up with, and if I don't accept the engagement after they said this, then it may damage my relationship with my family.

[If the prince is fine with it...then I guess I'll have no choice but to accept the proposal.]

I'm going to regret this decision in the future, I just know it.

"I don't mind...you seem interesting after all, and I think it'll be fun being with you." (Barelles)

DAMN YOU PRINCE! Why couldn't you deny it, and let me live my life in peace...away from you.

"Then it's decided. As of this moment onward, the engagement of young lady Sophia Bella Donna Barthol, and crown prince Barelles Fell Wesker Oldine, is officially recognized." (King)

............

..........

........

.....

...Dammit....