Chapter 11

While I was in class, we weren't taught that much. It was just us introducing ourselves and getting an explanation about what we should expect to learn while in the school. There was a lot of attention on me though, since I got perfect scores on all of the entrance exams.

When the bell rang, signalling that it was the end for our first day, I quickly left the classroom and made my way to the library. In my old life, as well as this one, I love reading a ton of books. I've even read all the books at my house, and as many as I could whenever my family went to visit the royal family.

Going inside the library, I start looking for books on magic that are specific to a race. Racial magic types don't have an emblem that'll show up on a ritual orb, or testing plate, so it's hard to tell if you've inherited the ability. Besides, with my blood being a cocktail of four different races, I really don't know what's going on with my body. At home, we didn't have any books on this stuff, and I didn't want to ask my parents about it cause it felt awkward to ask.

Here is a list with the names of some of the abilities that I might have based on my mixed blood. Although, that doesn't mean I actually have any/all of these abilities.
____________________________________________________________

Vampires: Blood Manipulation, Night Vision, Bat Transformation, Mist Transformation, Moonlight Strengthening, Enhanced Hearing/Smell/Sight

Dragons: Dragon Breath , Dragon Claws, Dragon Wings, Dragon Scales, Draconic Aura, Dragon Magic, Enhanced Hearing/Smell/Sight, Human/Dragon Transformation

Demons: Demon Talons, Enhanced Hearing/Sight, Night Vision, Origin Weapon, Heat Resistance

Fairies: Fairy Magic, Boost in Nature, Fairy/Human Transformation, Enhanced Hearing
____________________________________________________________

Some of these abilities I know I have. Like how my senses have been enhanced, I'm able to see in the dark, my abilities are boosted while in the forest/under the moon. Basically, I felt I had the passive abilities of the four races, but didn't know how to go about using the active abilities to see if I have any of them.

After I take notes of the abilities to try, I go to studying the other books I got that involved the languages of all the races in this world. Although, the human language seems to have become the common tongue, since humans have the highest birth rate and most of the adventurers are human. Why study the other languages? Because I might need to run away in the future, and escape to another country if it gets really bad.

Before I realize it, I've already filled multiple notebooks, each one with notes on the language that's written within it. It has also become dark outside, and the librarian has fallen asleep at the counter. Betzalel had also come out of my shadow, and was standing guard. It's thanks to Betzalel that I haven't been assassinated yet, since I space out when I study so bad that I don't know what's happening to my surroundings. 

A couple of times I had come back to reality, and looked to my surroundings...only to see Betzalel disposing of the corpses of my assassins. How does he dispose of them? Well, he uses dark magic to swallow the bodies. I asked him, one time, what happens to the bodies when he does that. He told me that when they're swallowed in the darkness, they just turned into energy for him to use.

Incase you haven't noticed, I'm a bit of a study-freak. I, badly, wanted to know how it worked in converting the body to energy, so I spent even more time searching for an answer, only to come up with nothing.

In the end, I got used to things, since he protects me from possible assassins when I am distracted with a book. Although, there's nothing I can do about that...I'm just a heavy studier.

"Milady, I believe it's late enough. We should retire for the night." (Betzalel)

[You're right. I'm starting to feel a bit sleepy anyway.]

I gather up my notebooks, and the language books, placing them in my space storage after checking to see the librarian was still asleep. After it was all put in my storage, I climbed on Betzalel's back, and had him carry me to my dorm room while I fell asleep on his back.

While I slept, my mind was whisked away to a large, empty, familiar, white space. Like the last time, there was nothing that filled this space except for myself, and one other person.

"Hello again, Sophia." (Igo)

[It's a pleasure to see you again Igo]

"I'm sure you already know the reason behind the changes in your body?" (Igo)

[Yes]

"Well, just to clarify, it's because of you circulating Mana from the Divine realm into your body. A little is fine, but if you circulate too much, then the changes could be too much for your body to handle." (Igo)

[I'll be careful. So...why did you summon me here? I doubt it's just for a friendly chat right?"]

"That's correct. Something bad will happen in the future, and at the moment you are not strong enough to survive. So I want to ask that you grow more powerful before such an event occurs." (Igo)

[I'm not strong enough right now?]

"Sadly no...also I suppose I should tell you that the Divine energy you've absorbed has affected your mixed blood. Specifically the dragon blood within you, meaning you've gained the longevity of a dragon." (Igo)

[You mean I'll live for a long time?]

"That's right, which is also why your body has stopped growing right now. It's because you age more slowly than the people around you." (Igo)

[Well then....are there any other surprises I should know about?]

"Just one more. I forgot to give you a skill the last time we met. It's called Appraisal. This skill will allow you to see information on people, plants, animals, and monsters. However, if you raise the level of this skill, then you'll be able to see more information, and it could even allow you to see information that the person is trying to keep hidden." (Igo)

Igo raised his hand, and in it was a ball of light.

"This ball of light is the Appraisal skill. Take it, and continue your path to grow stronger." (Igo)

I reached my hand out, expected to feel nothing when I touched the light. However, to my surprise, there was actually something solid within the light that grasped onto my hand.

I was a little startled at first, as the ball of light was absorbed into my body, but I quickly calmed myself down.

[Thank you Igo. I hope we can chat again in the future]

"Good night...and good luck, Sophia." (Igo)