Chapter 15

The battle didn't last that long, as Betzalel was able to disarm all of them on his own without the need of assistance. After they were disarmed, he rendered them unconscious and left them to fall to the ground.

None of them even tried using any magic either, which made me think that whoever is in charge of these guys must be an idiot if they thought I was weaker than these guys.

Something just doesn't feel right about this situation, but there's nothing I can do about it right now. It's something I'll be able to solve after questioning them though. So, with the help of Betzalel, the group of five boys were dragged to the back of the library and were tied up using my mana that was fashioned into the shape of a rope. I felt a little nauseous when I was making the Mana rope, as I had to pull the Mana directly from my pool. I didn't really feel nauseated when I used my mana to write, so I am unsure why I feel so affected when turning it into a rope. Perhaps it's because I am trying to make it into a solid form, whereas my writing was more of a gaseous, liquidized state.

Just as I was getting ready to question them when they woke up, someone spoke up somewhere behind me.

"Excuse me...would you be willing to hand these idiots to me?" (???)

Turning around I looked at who spoke out, and it was a guy who was incredibly handsome, and his voice was smooth and felt relaxing to listen to. His hair was black with grey flecks sprinkled in so that it looked similar to salt and pepper, and his eyes were a deep emerald green. His scent reminded me of a field of flowers, and his eyes showed someone who was calm, kind, with the ability to calculate the best outcome, but also has the capacity to be ruthless if attacked.

"Ah, where my manners. My name is Adrian Voltlist, and I can judge from the situation that these guys didn't follow my instructions the way I put them. Perhaps I worded things wrongly, and that caused a misunderstanding." (??? -> Adrian)

Only when he speaks, do I realize I've been staring at him for so long. When I realize what I've been doing, my face turns red and I feel my heart thump against my chest. Taking a moment to calm my beating heart I start writing with my mana.

[What task would that be?]

"Well, you see...I've taken an interest in you and wished for us to meet, but they took it the wrong way and thought of subduing you and dragging you back. If only they did their research, they would have known that to be an impossibility." (Adrian)

Ahhh his voice! It's so cool and soothing! I feel like I could listen to him speak for hours.

.....

Wait...what the hell am I thinking about right now!? I can't be falling for someone when I'm busy trying to avoid my death! Agh, but his voice, and his scent...I can't help it.

"Miss Sophia? Are you alright?" (Adrian)

He steps close, with concern in his eyes. Ah don't step closer, or I won't be able to hold myself back! I take a step back from him, and quickly write him a message.

[I'm fine! I was just thinking about the situation!]

I take a deep breath to calm my mind and my heart. I need to do my best to stay professional right now.

[Now, was there something you needed from me?]

"Ah, yes. I've developed an interest in you, and was hoping to invite you out for tea for further discussion on the matter." (Adrian)

[You did this to invite me for tea?]

"W-well...to be honest I'm not the best at speaking to people I don't know in person...I only came here in person because I assumed a misunderstanding might form." (Adrian)

[Not good at talking to unknown people, but chose to invite me out for tea?]

"Tea helps to calm my nerves around new people. That's why I chose to do so..." (Adrian)

This handsome boy was suspicious at first, but I see no change in his expression, eyes, and I hear no change in his heartbeat aside from it being a bit quickened whenever he glances at me. I feel nervous being near him, but it's a happy kind of nervous...I suppose I'll hear him out, since I'll get to be near him some more.

[Very well...I'll join you for tea.]

I keep my eyes on him for any sign that he might be trying to trick me, and only see his body relax. It seems he was a bit tense about the situation...I hope I'm not making a bad decision.

"Thank you. Um...do you think you could release those guys? I'll make sure to have a stern talk with them about their conduct towards a Duke's daughter." (Adrian)

I nod before I release the Mana ropes that bound the still unconscious guys together. I'll leave them in the care of Adrian, which makes things easier for me.

Quickly leaving the library after releasing my captives, I keep thinking about Adrian. He wasn't in the game, which is strange with how amazingly attractive he is. Perhaps they planned to use him in a sequel game? If that was their plan, then he'd probably would have become my favorite character...if I'm not being deceived by him that is.

Before I left the library to return to my dorm for the night, I gave my number to Adrian so he can call or text me to set up the date for our tea. Again, I wish this world had smartphones, but it's still behind in terms of technology compared to my world. Flip phones were a tad bit annoying to get used to, since I basically grew up with a smartphone in my old world, but I was able to get passed that. If only I did more research on technology back in my old world, then I might be able to introduce the smartphone to this world.

I do at least know the blueprint schematics for one of the first gen smartphones, so I guess I could draw up a basic blueprint for someone to make. I'm not sure on the materials used for the crafting though, so I'll have to think about that some other time. For now, I'm too tired to do any deep thinking, so I fall asleep after taking a shower in my dorm.