Chapter 9

First day of school... we're starting off with our placement tests to determine which class we get put in. There were five different classes, D-class through S-class. Of course, depending on your score in the exams, then you were placed in one of these classes. Although, if your scores are too low, then you aren't accepted into the school.

In the game, Sophia barely got into the school while the heroine had gotten the highest scores even though she was a commoner. That's one of the reasons as to why Sophia ended up not liking the heroine, a commoner, that beat all the nobles in getting the highest scores in the school.

It's pretty cliché, but I suppose that's just how some nobles think. Well, Sophia used to act like a cliché noble before someone tried killing her...then I woke up instead of her. Just sucks I didn't have any memories to help me out back then, but it was apparently part of the deal I struck with Igo, so there's no helping it.

"Welcome students! I am Headmaster Eldridge of this fine establishment. You'll be spending the next 4 years at this academy, learning about the world, making friends, and training to control your power so you don't bring any injury to yourselves." (Eldridge)

Alright, so just a basic welcoming speech I see. Something meant to inspire students, but in the end just ends up making everyone bored.

"Now, with the opening ceremony finished, we will now begin the tests that will determine which classes you will be placed in. I wish you luck in your exams." (Eldridge)

The written tests consisted of basic knowledge like history, mathematics, magic theory, and science. Thanks to me reading so much after I woke up from my coma, I was able to breeze through these tests in no time.

After the written tests came the practical tests. These tests involved using magic in combat, and/or weapons in combat. Almost all the students used one or the other, but you were free to take both if you wanted to.

In the game, Sophia didn't take either test since she thought combat wasn't ladylike behavior. So, she barely got into the Academy with her written test scores. The heroine, however, was able to gain the top scores in the written test, and impressed people with her light magic during the magic combat test.

Thanks to my self training in magic, and being trained by Betzalel in weapon combat, I feel confident I'll be able to pass both tests with decent scores. Although I feel more confident in my magic, since I've been training in mana control since I woke up from my coma.

I've also found out that I have been affected by the energy from the Divine realm, getting mixed into my mana pool. The first thing I noticed, was that my magic was many times more powerful, and the mana in my pool felt like it was more pure. Next were the physical changes to my body, starting with my hair gaining silver tips, and my eyes having flecks of gold in them...and the saddest part was that I stopped growing and am stuck at five feet tall (152.4cm). How do I know that the Divine energy is related to my halted growth? Because in the game, Sophia grew until she was almost six feet tall. So, by rational thinking, I've been affected by my time with Igo.

Since I was almost last on the list of students that were going to participate in the magic, and weapon combat tests, I decided to keep my eyes out and see if I spot any of the capture targets. I was able to spot one of the hidden capture targets, having a conversation with the heroine, but I was unable to find the main targets.

Perhaps they test at a different time, or were put in a separate group?

Who's the hidden capture target? His name is Derrick Gunlow. He's a bodyguard for a foreign prince, and used to be a commoner before he was picked up by the royal family and tasked with guarding their son. He doesn't have a dark past or anything, but he did shut himself off from loving others, so that he can focus on his duties. However, after meeting the heroine, she gets him to open up and express himself more. They fall in love, get married, and the villainess dies.

In his route I die by a guillotine, so it's not as cruel as my fiance's. However before being put on the chopping block, he kills my family in front of me. To be honest, his route is the least cruel when it comes to killing the villainess. That doesn't mean I want to get close to him though.

"Sophia Bella Donna Barthol...Would you like to participate in the practical exams?" (Male Examiner)

[Yes sir.]

When I answered the examiner, I heard somebody snickering among the students. Although I didn't really bother to see who it is, since I didn't really care about them.

Stepping forward, I moved over to the magic testing field first.

"First things first...are you contracted with any familiars?" (Examiner)

[Yes, I have one contract at the moment]

"I see, and can you please summon your familiar, or show me the marking you received from the contract?" (Examiner)

I could have showed him my marking, but I didn't want to end up stretching my shirt out so he could examine it...I also didn't want anybody looking down my shirt, so I decided to summon Betzalel.

"A humanoid warrior-class familiar? Well done. How long have you been contracted with your familiar?" (Examiner)

[Six years]

"It's impressive that you got a familiar at such a young age. Now, your magical affinities?" (Examiner)

[Weapon, Summoning, and Space]

"Three affinities? Your family must be truly proud to have you as their daughter. Especially since your affinities are all rare grade." (Examiner)

[Anything else, sir?]

"Yes, since you know weapon magic we can also double this as your weapon combat exam. So just use whatever you like, and make sure you aim for this practice dummy." (Examiner)

Nodding to the examiner, I waited for him to step out of the way before using my weapon magic to summon forth a wave of ethereal swords. After ensuring the examiner is out of harm's way once more, I send the swords soaring towards the dummy making sure each sword either pierced it, or embedded themselves around the immediate area of it.

Silenced enveloped the testing area, and when I turned around, everyone was staring at me. Some of them had eyes filled with awe, while others looked at me in fear. The heroine was looking at me in anger though, even though in the game she was portrayed as a sweet and innocent girl. I guess, unlike I originally believed, she must be one of those two-faced girls that act innocent in public, but are actually arrogant bitches behind the scenes.

"W-well...I've never heard of weapon magic users doing something like that. If you don't mind me asking, who was your magic tutor?" (Examiner)

[I didn't have a tutor, I'm self taught. I've also trained using weapons with the help of my familiar.]

"No tutor? You must be a prodigy then! Very well, you've passed with flying colors. Now, please go locate your dorm room. We will be posting scores in a couple hours, and then you'll have time to find your classroom and meet your teacher." (Examiner)

I bow to the examiner, and thank him for telling me this information, and make my way out of the testing area, heading towards what I assume to be the dorm building.