Chapter One - The Argument

It was a wonderful day on the hermitcraft server. Doc and Ren were hanging out at HermitLand, False, Stress and Cleo we're having a girl chat, and TFC was working on his bunker, far underground, away from the chaos.

That's not where our story takes place, though. Let me redirect you to Sahara, a shop where three best friends, known as the Architechs, work in harmony, to beat their sworn rival, ConCorp. Yes, these three men loved each other like brothers, and would never hurt each other!

"MUMBO!"

Well, usually.

You see, Sahara kept having issues. The redstone would often mess up before it was even turned on, which bugged Grian and Iskall to no end. Mumbo, who was in charge of all the redstone, honestly had no idea why it was happening. He had looked over the whole contraption three times, and still couldn't work out it's flaws.

Now the group were holding a meeting, because Grian wanted to discuss Mumbo's abilities. Not only that, but every time Grian breathed in, the more hot and bothered he felt.

"If you can't get your act together, Sahara will never be fully working! Your our lead technician. You have to be capable!"

Mumbo gulped, fiddling with his tie nervously. "W-well, I do look over the plans every time. I check at least t-three times... a-and I test in a creative world, and i-it never goes wrong there..."

Iskall looked at Grian warningly, aware that Mumbo was close to having a panic attack. He didn't notice as he sighed.

"I don't think your capable anymore..."

"Wait, Grian, please... the only explanation is... if s-someone... s... sabotaged the redstone?"

"Are you suggesting that one of us sabotaged the redstone?" Grian felt his mood turn from angry to enraged. How dare Mumbo suggest that he or Iskall sabotaged the machine! Why would either of them do that?! Unless...

"What if it was you? Yes, that makes sense... You've probably been working for ConCorp or something the whole time, and wouldn't even tell us! So you just break the redstone and blame it on someone else!" Grian thought he had figured it out. It would make perfect sense. Every time Mumbo planned a machine, it failed. But when Iskall planned it, it worked flawlessly!

Iskall looked alarmed. "Wait, Grian, you're going too far!" One look at Mumbo proved he was panicking inside. Iskall could see the tears forming as Mumbo tried to find the words to say.

Grian found some perfect words to say.

Some very shocking words.

"You're out of the Architechs."