Chapter Seven - Cloudy Day

"Okay, so what you want to do is channel all of your thoughts onto the pen. Don't think of anything else, just think of it floating towards you."

"Okay..." Mumbo brought up his hands, out stretching them towards the pen, which lay on the desk. Cub watched, ready to jump in if anything went wrong. When he first initiated Scar, he had him practice his powers with a block of tnt. He will never make that mistake again.

With all his thoughts on the object that lay on the block a few metres in front of him, Mumbo held his breath.

The pen rattled slightly with a sandy yellow aura surrounding it, before twitching towards him. It pathetically inched towards Mumbo, before falling off the block and going still. Cub looked at Mumbo, and cracked a smile. "Not bad for a first attempt." The moustached hermit smiled awkwardly back at him. Cub walked over to the pen, put it back on the block, and walked back over to Mumbo. "Now, what you didn't do there was stay loose. You have to focus, but keep it all calm. Don't be tense."

Scar nibbled on his golden carrot, sitting on a fence nearby. That's exactly what he told me, heh. Scar looked amused as Mumbo yet again managed to get the pen to fall off the block and go still. Cub put it back again. "Relax your muscles. This isn't life or death. It's okay to not do it first try." It was almost like Cub to sense Mumbo's frustration at himself.

"I mean, it took Scar a good two months to learn how to do this."

"Hey!"

Cub chuckled, before turning to Mumbo. "Now, lets do that again."

Scar watched as Mumbo closed his eyes. Mumbo frowned slightly. The pen twitched, and both original vexes thought that it was going to be the same results again.

The pen had the same sandy yellow glow, and it slowly hovered off the table. It wasn't going very fast, but it was working!

Just as it reached Mumbo, who opened his eyes, it randomly threw itself at him, almost like someone had thrown it. Mumbo gasped, catching it. A few moments pass, and Cub and Scar start grinning.

"You did it!" Scar hopped down from his fence, discarding the carrot, and hugging Mumbo, who was smiling happily. Cub just nodded with a smile.

"Thanks, Scar... Hey, Cub, I know you probably taught Scar all this, but who taught you?"

Cub went tense for a second. Mumbo felt his heart sink slightly. "I-I'm sorry, if you don't want to talk about, I get it..."

"It's fine, Mumbo. It's just... an old relative taught me, and he's not... around... anymore." Scar immediately went up to Cub's side and put a hand on his shoulder. Cub looked over to Scar, and smiled. "Well, I think that's enough for today. It's getting late, we should sleep before the phantoms come out."

~~~

Mumbo couldn't rest.

He had this strange urge to get up and practice his powers, even though he had practiced about three hours ago.

Sighing, Mumbo sat up, and slid off the bed, looking towards Cub and Scar, who were sleeping peacefully. He silently walked towards the exit, and went back outside.

It was a full moon, and the stars were shining.

Make it storm, Mumbo...

Mumbo's eyes widened for a second as he looked around, frightened. Who had said that?! Why was no one here! He debated going back inside.

Shhhh...

The strange whisper silenced him, and Mumbo stopped moving, frozen in place.

Close your eyes. Concentrate. Think of the fools who hurt you.

Mumbo, unsure of what else to do, followed the instructions. Soon enough, Mumbo started feeling a bit annoyed.

Good... Now channel all of those thoughts into a storm.

Mumbo didn't know how long he was standing there, fists clenched, eyes shut and gritting his teeth, but he did know when he stopped.

Make.

Them.

Pay.

He felt a few rain droplets fall on his face. He opened his eyes, and saw the moon and stars were gone. The rain started falling heavier, as he heard thunder in the distance. 'Was that me...?'
Mumbo smiled slightly. He turned around and started running towards where Cub and Scar were sleeping soundly, eager to tell them. He slowed down suddenly, and slipped back into his bed.

He decided not to tell them.

— — —

I'm gonna try to update a lot more ;-;
Sorry for the wait between last chapter and the chapter before
Things starting to get interesting...