Chapter Two - Not a Joke

It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. Mumbo stared at Grian, eyes wide, trembling. Iskall looked surprised, mouth half open. Grian stared at Mumbo with a deadpan expression.

"Y... you have to be kidding! This is all a joke, right?" Mumbo laughed, nervously. "G-great joke, you got me!"

"Mumbo, this isn't a joke. I don't want to see you near Sahara or the redstone ever again." Grian stood up, glaring at Mumbo one more time, before strapping on his elytra, turning around and leaving. The sound of rockets firing soon followed.

Iskall turned to Mumbo, who sat in awe and shock. His eye showed pity. "I'll talk to him and sort this out. He's just... annoyed..." Iskall himself was unsure, but he still sent a small smile to Mumbo, before taking off, yelling after Grian.

Now Mumbo was alone.

The meeting room wasn't too big, but it felt gigantic now he was alone. He choked out a small sob, and it echoed slightly. Mumbo choked down his tears, and stood up, almost falling. He decided to just put on his elytra and go.

His mind went fuzzy. Was he not good enough? Had he done something? Did Grian hate him? He wouldn't blame Grian for it, either way. It was his fault Grian was mad. Who else's fault could it be other than his own? It would be Iskall's fault. Wait, did Iskall hate him too? Maybe the whole server felt this way secretly and it's all just coming to the surface?

Mumbo didnt realise he was crying. He was also flying in the middle of a storm, which he realised as thunder struck next to him. The only building he could really see was ConCorp. Good enough for now. Maybe if he just sat under a tree and waited for the storm, no one would see him. He had food and all that jazz, so he'd be fine for a while.

Landing, Mumbo pulled out a piece of steak, sat under a tree and started eating, letting the tears fall. Yeah, steak and tears. Amazing mix.

The storm wouldn't be over for another two hours or so. Mumbo had barely realised the time. He lay against the tree, and closed his eyes, slowly falling into a sleep, the sound of rain soothing him ever so slightly.