Chapter Three - Mistakes I've Made

"Grian!"

Grian tried his best to ignore Iskall as he landed at his base, but the swede landed directly in front of him, making it hard to avoid confrontation. He tried to sidestep around him, but Iskall grabbed his shoulders, firmly holding him in front of him.

"Grian, what on Earth was that?" Iskall hissed, tightening his grip. Grian flinched as Iskall dug his fingers in hard.

"Do you understand what you were saying?! Why would you say that in the first place! You know him, you can't just say those sorts of things! Do you have any idea how badly this could affect him?!" Iskall was almost shouting. He couldn't bear seeing Mumbo so hurt, especially not by his friend.

"I just said what I was thinking." Grian looked dead into Iskall's eyes. Something was odd about the look... It was almost like Grian wasn't himself.

"Do you even know what your saying?!"

"I know what I said, I'll say it again! Mumbo is an awful redstoner! Everything's been messing up, and it's his fault!" Grian snapped, not breaking eye contact with Iskall. It was silent for a few moments, before Grian felt a stinging sensation in his cheek. He raised his hand up, realised Iskall had slapped him. His mind cleared, and he realised his mistake.

"W-wait, did I really say all of that?" Grian looked up at Iskall, hoping he didn't, but Iskall sadly nodded. "Oh my god, Mumbo's probably so upset! I have to apologise! Is he still at Sahara?"

After Iskall gave him a confirming nod, Grian immediately took off, heading to Sahara again.

~~~

"He was right here, I swear!"

Grian wasn't listening to Iskall, as he collapsed into his chair. Mumbo could be anywhere, and he couldn't handle the guilt of knowing he'd hurt him so badly. Tears started spilling down his cheeks as he started sobbing, worried Mumbo would hate him.

"Grian, calm down..." Iskall stood next to him, almost as he had before, and placed a hand on his shoulder. Grian gasped for air as Iskall gave him a sad look. The smaller Brit looked tired.

"We can continue searching tomorrow, Gri..."

"But... Mumbo-"

"Will be fine. He can't be that far away. He'll probably have gone to his base."

The thunder shook the ground outside as Grian sighed in defeat. "Fine..."

Iskall helped Grian up, before taking off with Grian to get to his base.

— — —

Slightly overdue chapter...