Chapter Sixteen - Apologies and Recovery

Edited because I did the numbers wrong AGAIN

— — —

The first thing Mumbo heard was Iskall chuckling. He opened his eyes, a slight groan leaving his lips. Immediately the room went silent. Grian rushed over to Mumbo's side. The black haired male looked up at the shorter hermit in confusion, and also a bit of pain.

"Hey, Mumby. You alright?"

Grian helped Mumbo sit up, as he looked around at his friends. Joe, Stress, Cub, Scar, Iskall and Grian. He raised a hand to his head, feeling fuzzy.

"Did we... Did we win?"

Cub glanced at the many bandages on Mumbo's body, which may have been courtesy of them. "Sure, kiddo."

"What even... happened?" Mumbo raised an eyebrow, shifting slightly. Scar and Cub looked at each other, alarmed. "What's the last thing you remember?" Scar walked next to him, putting a hand in his shoulder.

"You, and Cub, scared, as I held the book?" Mumbo looked around, feeling awkward. He'd almost hurt so many of them.

"Mumbo, you're safe. It wasn't your fault for what happened, so don't you dare blame yourself." Cub crossed his arms. He didn't want Mumbo feeling upset, definitely not after the events of the past month or two. Mumbo just looked up at him, and smiled sadly.

"Yeah, I'm sorry I didn't fight back against whatever that corruption did to make us argue. Black magic? I dunno. But I should have kept a straight head." Grian leant against the bed. "If anything, it's my fault. So just... don't blame yourself."

"Wait, where's everyone else?" Mumbo blinked, confused.

"Oh, Stress and Joe kicked them all out." Scar nodded in the direction of the local server parents. "Hey, I didn't want people crowding you." Stress raised her arms, as Joe made a noise of agreement.

Mumbo just smiled, sighing. At least things were back to normal.

Cub smiled as his friends all told jokes, and laughed. But he couldn't help but feel guilty.

They need to know.

They should know.

They deserve to know.

But he couldn't bring himself to tell them.

...

That's something he'll tell them another day. For now, he'll just live in the moment.

— — —
The End.
— — —

Well, guys, that's it! It's been fun, I had a lot of fun writing this.

Me and AC (ausforyou) Spent a long time working on this, but it's over.
(GO GIVE HER SOME L O V E !)

For now.

That's right! We have a sequel! Me and AC have been doing a LOT of planning, and a new book will be coming up soon!

(Once I get a cover I mean-)

I hope you enjoyed this book, and I'll see you in the sequel...

Return Fire

;3