Chapter Eleven - Lies Come To Light

ALRIGHT HERE WE GO! IM ENJOYING THIS!

Alternate chapter name:

Oh hec-

— — —

"Alright, fine, you got me."

Mumbo raised his arms in a fake surrender, rolling his eyes.

"Why, Mumbo? They're your friends!" Scar cries out, dropping the book on the floor.

He couldn't believe his ears.

"They're no friends of mine. Do you have any idea how... awful it is?! To be belittled, to feel like you're NOTHING?!" Mumbo hissed, glaring at Scar. He held out his hand, and the book started slowly hovering over to him inch by inch. He snatched it out of the air when it was within arms reach, as Cub and Scar made no sudden moves. Anything could set off an attack.

"Mumbo, we can fix this!" Scar shouted, stepping forwards, arms open slightly as if welcoming him in for a hug.

"Don't come any closer!" The sky turned grey again, and the rain started pouring down quickly. They had seen that grey sky too much recently. "Any sudden moves, and I'll shock you!" Mumbo's fist sparked dangerously, Scar gulped, pulling his arms close to his chest.

"We... We don't have to fight. I just want you all to be friends again."

Mumbo sighed. "You two have a choice. You help me build these traps," he gestured to the book he was still holding, "and help me get revenge, or be in the way, and I crush you. It's simple, really."

Cub and Scar looked at each other. What was right? Cub could tell was Scar thought of this choice, because he was gently shaking his head, frowning.

"We're not gonna help you with this." Cub spoke for both of them, turning back to Mumbo, who's eyes were now a bright blue. He looked shocked for a second.

"N...No?! I don't think you... quite understand. If you don't join me, I will DESTROY everything you ever loved, and then YOU!" Mumbo seemed to be growing desperate, though wether or not it was because he needed Cub and Scar to be stronger, Cub had no clue. "Our answer is no. We're not doing this. All this has gone to your head! Please, snap out of it!" Cub, terrified and on edge, was ready to fight back if Mumbo attacked. Only if he attacked.

"...Fine. Have it your way."

The rain fell harder, and the wind blew in their eyes, as the two vex struggled to see. Blue, sparking tentacles rose out of nowhere, as Mumbo pointed towards them. Cub grabbed Scar's arm, as he was frozen in place, and ran, fumbling one handedly to get his elytra on. Scar shook himself out of his daze and started running alongside Cub, just as Cub clipped on his elytra.

Out of the corner of his eye, Scar saw one of the tentacles heading straight for Cub. He pushed Cub out of the way, just as the tentacle wrapped around his leg, making him trip, as Cub knelt up again, the wind knocked out of him. The older vex looked back at Scar and Mumbo, the latter of which was sending more tentacles to Scar. "Get out of here, Cub!" Scar shouted as he was lifted up by a rope like tentacle wrapping around his waist, and soon covering his mouth. The light blue colour faded to a dark grey, and the tentacle over Scar's mouth melted, leaving black goop over his mouth, which quickly hardened.

Cub blinked in shock, stepping back, before turning and running, dread filling his chest. He couldn't stop Mumbo by himself, that would be a death wish. He quickly pulled out his rockets, and took off, using a lot of his supply.

Mumbo was focused on Scar, who was struggling to get out of the grasp. "Oh, let him run. I have plans for you."

Mumbo chuckled darkly, before bringing Scar into the warehouse.

— — —

Sooooo

How's things now?